• Trust
  • Customer reviews

on 12 November 2013
Wonderful CD that has been cited as a departure for Mr Boe when in truth he has been building towards it through his concerts. Not to mention that every CD he has released has been different from the one before. This one is very blues and country orientated with a bit of gospel thrown in. From the almost raunchy beat of Rosie to the haunting lyrics of If You Go Away, the CD production is excellent as Alfie is supported by a host of respected musicians such as Booker T and Leland Sklar. Moreover the softer side of Alfie's voice is showcased by the gentle regret of Keep Me in Your Heart and the wistful Forever Young while the power comes out in Glory Glory and the almost bitter lyrics of God Give Me Strength. Altogether this is an excellent album that shows yet another side to the multi-faceted singer. Thoroughly recommended.
0Comment| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 November 2013
Whilst there will always be songs on albums I like less than others, a musical trip with Alfie Boe is never boring. This album has a range of more popular easy listening songs which further showcase Alfie's ability to sing across the genres. Whilst there are no West End show stoppers or operatic classics, it is an album I'll happily listen to over and over again on a quiet afternoon. I particularly love The Dimming of the Day (introduced to audiences on the Storyteller tour); Trust; Keep Me In Your Heart; Forever Young; and the hauntingly beautiful Danny Boy.
We certainly do Trust in Alfie to introduce us to many more musical experiences with that distinctive lovely voice and cheeky smile.
on 21 January 2017
Although a fan of Alfie Boe this slow easy listening style he's adopted doesn't particularly appeal to me, although it may suit those who are looking to music as a source of relaxation. A good example is his rendition of 'Danny Boy' which is taken without the passion and energy I had hoped for.
on 17 November 2013
This is an outstanding collection of 20th century classics, with beautiful arrangements from producer Larry Klein. The original song 'Trust' is a winner, having a strong rhythm and showing off Alfie's warm honey tones to perfection. Chain gang song 'Rosie' adds a dash of power to the mix and Alfie's musical acumen is plain to hear when he delivers a beautiful rendition of the notoriously difficult 'God give me strength'. Fantastic!!
VINE VOICEon 21 November 2013
I enjoyed all of this album, and Alfie Boe's rendition of the numbers included were absolutely brilliant! I hope to see more of this type of album for the Master of Song. Many thanks Alfie - I only which I had been able to watch you from a closer vantage point when I went to see you at the NIA in Birmingham - I even took my copy of your autobiography for your autograph - to no avail! Hopefully I shall, one day, be able to meet you in person, to tell you how much I appreciate your music!
on 5 January 2014
Since I first discovered Alfie on a visit to London in 2007 when he was doing KISMET, he has taken me on a musical journey that has been interesting and amazing. Each of his CDs have been a different genre of music, and Trust is no different. Trust explores the Blues with some gospel, and it does not disappoint. I love all the tracks, some more than others. Some of the standouts for me: TRUST: The title track is an original song written for Alfie. A lovely song. GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH; this song can be difficult to sing, but Alfie makes it seem effortless. IF YOU GO AWAY is gently, beautifully sung (the verse in French is wonderful). KEEP ME IN YOUR HEART is new to me. A very beautiful song, and once I learned the background of this song by Warren Zevon, it moved me to tears. GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH is also new to me. I love a good rousing gospel song, and this one fits the bill perfectly. Alfie sang this at a concert in London in early December and had most of the audience on the stage dancing with him! One of Alfie's best CDs to date, it went Gold five weeks after its release date. Highly recommended.
on 24 November 2013
Trust is a beautiful collection of songs beautifully sung. It is unmistakable, classic Alfie Boe. His masterly interpretation takes you heart and soul on an emotional journey. It has a wonderful feel to this whole album. Musically it is beautifully crafted and there is such a richness to the sound but above all it is the voice of Alfie. A lovely voice. A voice like no other. A voice that stops you in your tracks, that brings you to your feet, that fills you with joy, that makes you cry, that makes you feel. I think it's the best thing he's ever done... and given what he has done that is saying something. More than Five Stars.
on 30 December 2013
I'm not into opera normally, so I wasn't too sure about Alfie Boe. But I was pleasantly surprised. His voice is obviously good, but he exhibited 'feel' and flexibility from ballads, rock, and near gospel. He avoided the opera training of full-volume and control to singing with the 'heart', which was brilliantly illustrated on the numbers, 'You've Got A Friend' and 'Georgia On My Mind'. Very good listening.
Let's have more, Alfie.
on 24 November 2013
Alfie Boe's TRUST album is wonderful. Mr. Boe gives a unique and beautiful melodic interpretation to the classic songs of country, blues, gospel, and soul in this collection. Each song is filled with emotion, passion and... well, just plain humanity. Love the addition of the Hammond organ played by none other than the brilliant Booker T of Booker T and the MG's. Alfie's cover of Warren Zevon's "Keep Me In Your Heart" is so tender and the Bacharach/Costello "God Give Me Strength" is full of rage and sentimentality as Aflie soars on those top notes, AND I dare you not to get up and move when Alfie Boe sings "Glory, Glory Halleaujah" in that full voice of his! The title track, a song written just for Mr. Boe, again shows his softer side. Alfie Boe's versatility and incredible talent shines through with each song of this album. TRUST is another great stop on the train ride of music now engineered by Alfie Boe! You do not want to miss this stop!!
on 21 November 2013
There are many much more eloquent reviews that I can write. I can only write a simple review of this beautiful recording. Alfie has truly accomplished a wonderful rendition of familiar songs but each given that special Boe touch that only he can bring.The background singers and orchestrator especially Booker T on the organ added to the overall pleasure of listening to Alfie on this fine CD. Allowing others artist an opportunity to excel the recording is a brilliant idea, and shows what a truly kind and generous person he is.
I love the CD and look forward to playing it over and over. Alfie has never disappointed me with any of his fine recordings. He has provided us with such a wide variety of music that there is something for everyone.
Thank you Alfie. You are the best.