on 11 January 2016
Unlike their previous album "The Fool", “Warpaint” is not as easy a listen, but as I gave it a few plays the reason I have liked this group, ever since I saw them live on tonight with Jools Holland, came back to me. They are vibrant and different. And whilst they are perhaps a bit more image conscious and better produced now, they still seem to retain a certain don't care, just do it attitude. This attitude is on show in the new album. Although there are some foot tapping, sing along gems like "keep it healthy" and the dance inducing "Disco/very", some of the tracks are defiantly an acquired taste (at least for me). I personally thought this was pretty brave for a second album. Still once I got listening I got to appreciate the different layers each track renders and a real feeling of satisfaction once I was able to identify and follow the various hooks of each song. So many bands descend into self-indulgence with their second or third offerings, but with a little controlled departure to keep things fresh I think Warpaint have got this one spot on. If fans of “The fool” have already given this a listen and haven’t been impressed, all the elements you love are here, you just have to listen a bit harder and perhaps a little less critically. We are fans after all, we know why we like this group. Most importantly do not expect “The Fool no.2”. It will grow on you I promise.
on 4 October 2017
It was a very good day when I came across the band WARPAINT. I was going through my Amazon Music Unlimited when they were playing.
Yes I love the band and the way they treat todays issues. They put their sound together so so well its amazing, a smokey feeling that passing into the energy of your body. A double ablum with song lyrics in hand writing ovwer the ablum. From Amazon it comes with a free MP3 download which just adds to buying a great Vinly Record. It gets Five Stars all the way from K.J.
on 23 March 2014
The good tracks, there are six in my view, are excellent. The other songs are fillers and so a bit inconsistent overall. And not enough material to fill 4 sides of vinyl so you get the band's logo etched on the 4th side! Unlike many reviewers, I prefer this to the Fool.
on 6 January 2018
Snabb leverans med bra kvalitet på produkten!
on 4 April 2017
one of the best albums of the decade
on 9 March 2017
I can't say I liked this as much as their older stuff but it's still good.
on 27 January 2016
Excellent item as described. Prompt dispatch, safe and sound. Top marks.
on 25 January 2017
Excellent
on 24 March 2014
Came very quickly and undamaged, and my brother loves the music, which is great since it was a surprise present for him before he went to see the band live in concert for his birthday. Only downside is it is one of those annoying cardboard cd cases rather than the far more substantial plastic cases. Luckily it wasn't bent on delivery!
on 21 September 2015
Excellent service, Good item at a reasonable price, very quickly delivered