Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 27 October 2013
Snow Kills is the 4th in the DI Jack Dylan series and I wondered if the author would be able to keep up the high standards and the same gritty story lines as previous books, but yet again they have pulled it off and I was hooked after the first couple of pages.

The description of the snowstorm was so good I felt the claustrophobic feelings that Kayleigh must have been having. I won't go on too much about the plot as I don't want to spoil it for you, but the story line keeps you gripped with some clues peppered along the way. The practicalities of a "misper" enquiry was spot on too, along with the struggle for staff and resources!

Although this is the 4th in the series because of the way the books are written you would be able to pick up the book as where needed there's a recap from previous books. I enjoyed the way that within the investigation we found out a bit more about Jen's life before Jack.

Well done RC Bridgestock another great edition to the Dylan series. Can't wait for the next one!
on 10 November 2013
Snow Kills grabs your attention from the first page. You are given an insight into what happens to a young girl when she is stranded in her car one evening during the worst snow blizzard for twenty years. The book takes you through D.I Dylan and his team investigating if the young girl is still alive or dead. I must say I went through every emotion possible reading this book loving many of the characters and disliking a few. Knowing that this is a novel as true to life as it's going to get keeps the hairs on your arms tingling and your heart pounding especially as D.I. Dylan get closer to solving the mystery. There is so much going on with so many twists and turns that it keeps your attention throughout the book and there is no way you can put it down till you get to the end of the Book!
D.I Dylan has grown on me over the series and I love his relationships at work as well as his private life, he is not a man to be messed with that's for sure but a man with a emotional heart and high standards.
This is a series that you will love if you enjoy Crime/Mystery I can only say read it you will be amazed at the writing ability of this author and his wife. Truly brilliant!!
on 31 October 2013
DI Dylan is back and thank heavens for that! We love crime writing in this house and the fact this feels as though detail and correct procedure matters... well its an added bonus to a story well told. There is always a great backbone to a Bridgestock novel and Snow Kills is no exception, so enjoy another weaving of detective magic. Roll on TV and film we say!
on 8 November 2013
This is the 4th book in the series and they just get better! Whilst the story changes in each book it us nice to see the characters and relationships grow through the books!
Yet again this book is as true to real life CID work, and gives a great incite into how doing the job can affect a person and how those at home have to cope! Having spent 10 years in CID I feel I am qualified to to make this judgement, I now that feeling of being hungry after a postmortem, that smell that stays on your clothes!
Anyone that enjoys crime books then this series is a must for you! Once I started struggled to put it down! Another amazing book! Can't wait fir the next instalment!
on 25 August 2016
The hits just keep on coming, once again another excellent crime thriller from the dastardly duo! I can't put these books down and have to limit how long I read for or I will read them all one after the other! A great story that keeps you so interested in the victims the possible perpetrators and the police team chasing it all. At times left me as cold as that winter... Read it and see for yourself...
on 12 November 2013
I say it every time but I'm not usually a reader of crime fiction. However, I love these books. I do find it slightly disturbing because I know the books are written by a retired detective, and the things that you don't realise go on behind closed doors are extremely disturbing.

I really enjoyed reading the book and completed it over 2 days as I couldn't put it down, I was so worried for the main character. I felt that the authors did really well to describe the characters and storyline. Throughout the story I felt so many different emotions, feeling worried about Kayleigh and for her family and then determined for Dylan to catch the killer.

Can't wait for the next one :)
on 1 November 2013
I was already addicted to this series before the new book, Snow Kills, came out. Now, I am so addicted. This book is the best of the series (I keep saying this) and I don't know how they can possibly do better next time...though, I am so excited looking forward to the opportunity to find out. You will love this treasure...excitement, reality, suspense, and emotional depth. Bob and Carol Bridgestock are a tremendously talented writing team. Read it! Become addicted. We must start an AA for Dylan addicted fans...we meet on Tuesdays, guys...don't forget
on 2 November 2013
Fourth novel from this crime writing duo and my favourite so far. As an ex CID supervisor in WYP I love the authenticity of the investigation, the incident room and how the investigation unfolds. Love the 'true to life' banter, the highs and lows, the twists and turns and how all of the novels always take me back to my working days and the constant buzz of a homicide investigation. Very well done and another great read. Let's hope there's a fifth soon!!!
on 2 November 2013
This is the forth and latest D.I. Dylan book I have read. Once again it keeps you engrossed from the first page. The whole series keep you hooked from the very beginning and I always find myself wishing they had lasted longer. That said it's because they are so easy to read and hard to put down. Well done to the authors, roll on number 5.
The fourth in the D I Dylan series and another cracker of a read.

The title is very apt for the story as it is set in winter when there's a heavy snow fall.

I love how the story starts off. The reader is introduced to hairdresser Kayleigh and we get a feel for the young girl, well at 19 technically a woman but as a mother, to me she is very much still a child. Having finished work and getting to her car she realises just how bad the snow is and this is where the story gets a whole lot more chilling, literally!

The tension of knowing that something was obviously going to happen to Kayleigh had me feeling a whole lot of emotions. I was totally gripped to see where the authors would take us, yet in a way I didn't want to know what horrible fate was in store for her.

A missing person is probably never on top of any priority list, especially when it's an adult. Jack and his team though do get stuck in as their first investigations turn up some unsavoury characters to say the least.

I love how even though there is plenty of the story dedicated to the case, part of it still manages to concentrate on Jack and Jens relationship and it was great to see Jen evolving as a stronger character than just a D I's wife.

Yet again the authors bring home to readers what it is like for the family of murder victims as well as what it is like for the officers involved. There is a particular bit in the story where it says that the families that are left behind have a longer life sentence that the actual murders themselves and I can believe that being very true.

Snow Kills is a brilliant crime book with plenty of insight into procedures of how the police narrow down on their suspect. If you haven't read any of this series yet, what are you waiting for?