on 3 March 2014
This is an attractive, good quality case of solid construction and a pleasant finish for the price. The phone snaps in and out easily and sits neatly in the plastic surround held in the leather, and the cutaways for the power and volume controls on the right-hand side do not obstruct access or operation. The same can be said for the cut-out for the camera, flash and speaker on the rear of the phone.

Of the available similar flip cases, this one seems to have had a little more thought put into the design. It is the only one I have found with the magnetic clasp placed off-centre, and, as the headphone socket is situated centrally on the top edge, this means that this is the only case where said socket can be used with the front panel closed, making it handy for using wired hands-free or listening to music on the move. As an added bonus (not, alas, unique to this case), folding out the front panel to a right angle means it can double as a handy camera stand.

The only minor quibbles I have are the amount of lateral play in the front cover when it is closed, which may expose the edge of the phone (though not the screen) at times, and the lack of a cut-out in the hinge of the case to allow charging without leaving it lying open. Neither of these constitutes a significant downside.

The case was delivered promptly, at the early end of the specified window, well-packaged and with the requisite documentation.

...and hereafter lies some further information regarding the case after just over two months of (admittedly quite heavy) usage.

The play in the front cover mentioned above has worsened considerably, leading to a sizeable wedge of the screen becoming exposed even when the clasp is as tight as it will go. In addition, the plastic moulding that holds the phone in place has weakened, meaning it creaks a lot, and begun to perish; a not insignificant piece has broken away from the casing. This isn't a problem for now, but I would expect better construction from something designed to be used this often, and I don't see it lasting much longer without degrading to the point where it will no longer keep the phone in place. It's a shame, as my overall opinion of the case design is still as reflected in the review above; it's just a shame that the thought put in didn't extend to the materials. I will be seeking a new case to replace this one in short order.
on 3 April 2014
Purchased from Aero Communications via Amazon, this arrived incredibly quickly. It's beautifully made (in China, of course) and is a welcome addition to my new smart Moto G smartphone. Simple to fit, it grips the phone very firmly, while having cut-outs for camera etc. It looks very smart (that word again) and I'll be pleased to put it on the table during meetings. Flipping it open for calls is a doddle. Overall, I'm very pleased.
on 17 February 2014
I am really happy with this Samrick phone case. It is good quality and gives excellent protection to my new phone - at a very reasonable price. It also means that the on/off button is shielded and I no longer switch it off by mistake. It is a great product and was delivered to me quickly - Highly recommended.
on 12 May 2017
Nice case, fits really well.
on 24 May 2017
Use it daily.
on 17 June 2014
I have only just started to use the case but so far it has met my expectations. Hence, it is difficult to find anything to dislike.
on 17 June 2014
This is leather that I am sure has never been near a cow, but what do you expect for the money? Looks fine and does the job well. It grips the phone very tightly and covers the all-important glass area - I know several people with broken screens who regret not buying cases that do this. Shame Motorola put the charging point at the 'wrong' end of the phone, so the case needs to be fully opened in order to charge it.
on 27 June 2014
Just what I wanted for my new phone. Looked at the cheaper options, don't bother with them, most say leather they are not. The flap on this case is good and doesn't get in the way when on the phone. Being left handed I need a flip case as the wallet type are annoying. My only small complaint is to charge you need the case open. Definitely would recommend,
on 4 September 2014
I read many reviews that related to the magnetic securing tab causing various phone issues on cases of this type case. I have been using the case now for four months and can say that thus far I've had no such issues.

The case not only looks good, it's well made, quick and easy to open in the event of a call. Due to the way the phone easily clips into the internal holder, the phone gets all round protection without making use inconvenient. Whilst the case has to be open for charging (no big deal), whilst closed all buttons are easily accessible.

Love it.

20/07/16 Update

I've just bought an identical replacement but only because I dropped my phone onto a hard floor and the inner retaining case cracked - this effectively saved my phone from some serious damage. The case still held the phone ok but at such a reduced price it was a bargain. The original stood up to the test of time quite well and that Tosh about issues caused by a magnetic catch are literally..Tosh.. I've had no such issues with my phone.
on 2 August 2014
Bought this for my wife's phone, and even though it has never been out of the case, has not been dropped or abused, the white edging holding the phone in place is cracked and bits have fallen off it. Not recommended at all. I bought an alternative one for myself and I am very pleased with it, see my other reviews.