on 8 August 2014
Great laptop for good price !!!

Faster than any PC , got all You might want from mac !
on 16 October 2014
Perfect laptop at a great price. Great communication and fast delivery. Thanks a lot!
on 30 August 2015
Perfect
on 10 December 2014
Great
on 14 June 2014
Very happy with the macbook pro retina display laptop.
Shortly after I placed my order with Amazon I received a message from the seller informing me the keyboard was not UK spec. but the operation could be changed during setup by confirming UK keyboard installed. I was asked if I wanted to cancel the order if I was not happy with this. I am glad I did not cancel the order. The £ sign is displayed by pressing the ash key and the ash sign is displayed by pressing alt and 3, so no problem. Everything else is as UK spec including power plug and lead. As expected the laptop is very well made, looks modern, smart, and is a pleasure to use. I had been used to using a 15 inch display laptop but the screen on the macbook pro retina 13 inch is so clear and easy to read I do not miss the 15 inch screen size.
Setup and update was very straightforward and everything worked as expected. The laptop operates very quickly and I would highly recommend it.
on 11 November 2014
This is a brilliant laptop but please be aware that this is not the current version but a late 2013 model. It also has a US style keyboard. You are getting a discount because of this but note that it is not as much as they would have you believe, as the current version (which incidentally has a 2.8Ghz processor) is only £1,399 (not £1,499) on the Apple website, so you are only saving just over £200. I am not convinced that this is worthwhile and am considering returning my laptop. It is a bit annoying that these aspects were not made clear in the product details. I am docking two stars because of this. Otherwise it would be an easy 5 stars.
on 23 February 2014
I've always been a windows pc / laptop person but because of the job change I no longer need some of the features of windows so I decided to go for a mac I looked at the various version Macbook AIr or Macbook Retina I decided on the retina because thickness there isn't really a difference the Air tappers.

Yes initial there are some command that I needed help with but you soon get it.. All the commands are there just a little digging.

I used office 365 all seems to work fine, Skype yes brilliant actually better than the windows 8 version I feel, Sky drive (one drive now) this I also feel works better on the mac.

I would also recommend the bluetooth keyboard and Trackpad (I might have been better with the Mouse)

Overall 5 stars thank Mr Jobs !!
on 30 July 2014
Absolutely delighted with my MacBook Pro. I have used Macs since the 90s but never owned one before as apart from the initial cost which is considerably higher than for a PC it was also much more expensive to buy software for it; however in these competitive times I have found several reasonably priced compatible app alternatives to the more expensive office and design products. The machine itself is a joy to use (and look at). It is too soon to tell how well it will stand up to wear and tear but if reputation is anything to go by it should be a long term investment.
55 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 July 2014
Full UK-specification MacBook Pro 13" Retina here... fast as a fast thing, sleek and swish. Great seller - the product arrived first post the day after we bought it.
I must admit, the warnings from other customers on this product did make me wonder a little, with respect to the US keyboard, but there's hardly any differences between the UK and US keyboard on a Mac anyway! The only issues, really, are maybe the backslash key being somewhere else, the Return key being smaller (rather than a block) and there not being an obvious £ sign. Big deal!
Happy as Larry, and more than happy to recommend the product and the seller.
Been using Macs ever since the PPC days, so knew what to expect.
on 16 June 2014
The big problem with this machine is the Bluetooth/Wifi issue. I had a Mac Book from 2008 which connected perfectly to my wi-fi from sleep mode. Not so with this machine (the 2nd one as i sent back the first!) in that it takes ages to connect to Wifi from sleep mode. Apparently the problem is caused if Bluetooth is switched on. This is a major software flaw and Apple have been very slow to fix it. There is a shortcut to fix it by removing a Bluetooth file (which you can find online) but it's still quite slow to connect. The speed of connecting to Wifi has always been a key advantage of Apple over a PC. Amazing that such a basic issue has not been addressed yet. It will for sure make me think twice about buying another MacBook.