Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£12.99

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 November 2013
Having never really taken a huge interest in the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge albums before, I picked up this latest in the series after noticing what a strong lineup of artists was on it.

I was very impressed, and intend to buy the previous compilations. It's a great idea to include the biggest hit singles of the year, but giving them a unique touch, either presenting them as cover versions by fellow chart acts, or unique, acoustic performances from the original artist. This makes this series of compilation very different from the rest, and actually offers something new and exclusive.

There is so much good music for everyone to enjoy here, it was great to hear a completely different version of 'Pompeii' by Bastille, a cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' by Tom Odell, who gives his own instantly recognisable style to the original upbeat track, and Gabrielle Aplin sings 'Best Song Ever' (not a song I would normally play, nor the band) really beautifully. There are also songs from most of my favourite artists: Jake Bugg, Kodaline, Imagine Dragons, Ben Howard, Mumford & Sons, Arctic Monkeys and Vampire Weekend - a who's who of truly talent musicians on the music scene today --- fantastic!!

'BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge 2013' is my hands-down highlight of the year in terms of compilations. Why only four stars then? Well, I could have done without the likes of Little Mix (not my taste at all) and several others - but then again, many people will of course love their contributions - and so there is something for everyone. Buy it!
on 30 October 2013
I do like these Radio 1 Live Lounges for various reasons, and this latest offering hits the spot just like the others. In these days of Spotify, Napster etc when you can download and stream any song going, this type of CD comes in to its own with its unique version of well-known songs and its exposure of music icons (and others, even X Factor finalists!) as proper songsters. Equally, the fact that I can enjoy a Radio 1 product makes me feel younger than I like to remember that I really am. There is a touch of Radio 2 about some of the tracks, which is not an insult, or perhaps 6 Music lite. That is the strength of this CD, as many of the tracks can be appreciated both my me and my 12 year-old daughter. Clearly, everyone has their own taste but for the most part the tracks on this CD bridge the gap across a variety of genres, although the penultimate track 'Wild for the Night' seems wildly out of place - more of a Radio 1 Extra Plus Plus Plus track in my view. As an aside, having purchased one or two CDs from Amazon recently I wish I knew what the criteria is for enabling the customer to auto-rip the CD being purchased. This one did not have this facility when I bought it, although I notice that it is available now.
on 9 January 2014
Don't get me wrong, some are amazing! Hold on We're Going Home, (brilliant) Best Song Ever, (amazing) Summertime Sadness (the original is fantastic, but this is just shockingly beautiful) and Tessellate (couldn't stand the original, trust Mumford to make it listenable), but I could do without Robin Thicke, Little Mix, and Vampire Weekend.
on 20 November 2013
Had high expectations for 2013's live lounge but when compared with 2012's it didn't quite live up to expectations. Some great songs on here but simply in my opinion no where near as good as last years.
on 26 November 2013
The advert has done a good job of selling a poor album. You would be better off just downloading the songs on the advert that you like because the rest are rubbish.
on 26 December 2013
Hate it of all the live lounge albums think they picked them out of a hat.
only 4 decent songs to slow not enough covers for me
on 26 May 2014
This is such a great idea for a CD, we have last years too, really gives the artists a chance to try different type if song. I love the fact that although I gave the CD to my Son, it automatically downloads to my PC and Kindle, can't fault Amazon
on 16 January 2014
I bought this for my partner as he loves the radio 1 live lounge albums.

This album consists of the latest songs in acoustic and sung by either the original artist or covered.

Its a great album to chill out to
on 6 January 2014
I bought this as a gift for my husband and he immediately put it onto his phone so he can listen to it on the train. It is a nice chilled album if you liked the 2012 version like we did then you will like this.
on 9 November 2013
Another good collection of artists performing live versions of their songs or other people's.

Some great tracks, some not so good. If you've enjoyed any of the previous Live Lounge collections you'll like this one too.