Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 6 February 2016
The original rock princess is back. Back to rock with the dark edge that was missing from her pop album "the best damn thing". This album is Avril back to her best going back to her first album Let go. I like every song on this album there were a couple of stand out songs on for me like Let me go, and 17. I also like the experimental sound of Hello Kitty a Japanese style techno rock song. All in all Avril is back in black and to her best.
on 23 June 2017
I have always loved Avril even tho I'm now getting on in years.
on 9 February 2017
Great album by my favourite Canadian chic...
on 16 May 2017
great
on 18 November 2016
Great
on 5 August 2017
Love it but a bit too explicit for pre-teens
on 5 December 2013
Avril is one of my favourite pin up girls, the calendar wasn't the best of quality and they're better pics of Avril but I have it on April with her wearing glasses - stunning
on 14 January 2014
Fantastic cd; particularly like track 1 "rock and roll" - wish the download came with the bear shark toy as with some of the first cd's - it rocks!
on 25 December 2013
Having anticipated this album since Here's To Never Growing Up was released, I'll have to admit that I thought that this album was only going to contain very energetic and purely pop songs, as the first two singles were very similar.

1.Rock N Roll 8/10- It took quite a few listens for me to really get into it, but after giving it a try, I feel like it serves as a great opening track to the album.
2. Here's To Never Growing Up 8/10 - A very high-energy track that will have everyone singing along with the chorus. For me it serves as the 'Accept me for who I am or get lost' anthem for this album
3. 17 10/10 - This serves as reminiscing love song on the album. This song isn't the typical love song, as it isn't full of emotion, but almost an element of thanks given by Avril for what seems to have been one of the best years of her life.
4. Bitchin' Summer 9/10: Despite the theme and lyrics of the song, this song seems to have "summer anthem" written all over it, I enjoyed the rap Avril does as part of the lead up to the final chorus. This song, if promoted right, could potentially be a great single.
5. Let Me Go 10/10 - I was a bit concerned when I heard that Chad and Avril were recording a duet for her album, as I thought it was going to be a very over-emotional, soppy love song, but I couldn't have been more wrong. This is one of my personal favourites from the album and the balance of perspectives presented in the song couldn't have been more perfectly.
6. Give You What You Like 10/10 - This is a stand out track for me, as it shows a different side of Avril that hasn't been shown in her previous albums. I wouldn't be surprised if it was chosen to be released as the fourth single.
7. Bad Girl 8/10 - This also shows a different side of Avril, with a heavier sound than the rest of the album. Rather than being out of place on the album, this song completes the album, as it shows that Avril can still bring out the unexpected after ten years. For me, the inclusion of Marilyn Manson completes the song.
8. Hello Kitty 9/10 - This song shows another genre that Avril could experiment with in the future. This song is very catchy, due to the electronic sound, rather than a purely pop song and I expect it would do very well if it was released as a single.
9. You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet 7/10 - A very repetitive song that could easily end up being stuck in your head. I think it's a great song, but not one of the strongest on the album.
10. Sippin' On Sunshine 7/10 - Again, a very repetitive song that could easily end up being stuck in your head. It's a perfect song to play while the summer sun is shining, but still not one of the strongest songs on the album.
11. Hello Heartache 10/10 - A great song that reminds me of Avril's older albums. She expresses the painful loss of someone close to her, but reaffirms that they will always mean something to her, something that everyone could relate to.
12. Falling Fast 9/10 - A song about deeply falling for someone that you think is oh so right. Another song that everyone could also relate to. It is one of the songs that instead of being in-your-face, grabs your attention with purely the words of the song.
13. Hush Hush 10/10 - This song acts as a fantastic closing ballad to the song. With the soft piano during the verses and the drums during the chorus, it puts more emphasis on the different meanings on the song. It is definetly one of my favourite songs on the album.

Overall, if this album was promoted better and there were better single choices, this album would've been received better and would have charted better. I think it's such a shame that this album hasn't done better, as it is a fantastic album filled with variety and I would recommend it to anyone who I think would enjoy the album.
on 16 December 2013
Love Avril,i cant believe that every track on her albums are fantastic,normally there is at least 1 or 2 tracks that arnt up to scratch but Avril ticks all the boxes for me,all her songs are just brilliant,i just cant pick out a favourite.Avril ROCKS!!!!!