Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 4 November 2013
Generally, I believe that the punk/pop/rock genre that Avril Lavigne represents is starting to fade away. After the way "Goodbye Lullaby" was treated by the audience I believed that she might have been over. And to be honest I wasn't anticipating for new material, though I was saddened by the thought of her never releasing anything ever again. But probably it was just me being over obsessed with #1s and huge radio hits. So I was glad when I learned that she was releasing new material.

"Here's to never growing up" is a moderate pop/rock song with not many chances of becoming a hit on the modern radio stations. A bit disappointing for lead single; she should have released something very up-tempo and catchy to get herself back in the game. "Rock n' roll" on the other hand could've been that song, but it also failed to make any impact at all. "Let me go" (the 3rd single) is a kind of boring song that leaves me indifferent, really.
The album cover is spectacular, although it doesn't reflect its sound. It looks dark, but it sounds mostly happy and careless. A good example is "Hello Kitty", which should become a single ASAP! It's so silly, modern and fresh that should blow the listeners' minds! Also "Give you what you like" `s haunting instrumentation makes it one of the best album tracks.

The best songs are:
-Rock N Roll
-Give You What You Like
-Bad Girl (Feat. Marilyn Manson)
-Hello Kitty
-You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
-Hello Heartache

All in all, her self-titled album is solid, full of very good songs, but not many have a prospective of becoming the comeback single everyone is waiting for. I don't think Avril herself gives a dime about becoming a hit as she used to be, as long as she doesn't lose her sound and her quality. And that's fine with me. It's way better than "Goodbye Lullaby" and is one step to the right direction. For what it's worth, it's one of the best albums of the year and hasn't disappointed as I expected! 5/5
on 16 June 2014
She has matured into a great singer and yet another great album. Loved duet with Mr Manson himself. Great rock album.
on 4 January 2014
Heard a track from this album on the radio & decided to get it . I'm over 50 & don't buy much modern music
But this appealed to me. I don't know any thing about the artist & don't want to, but this has some good tunes
On it . It's not ground breaking in any way ( we must have used up every permutation of chord progression by
Now ) but my ears like it & they would recommend it.
on 15 January 2014
I love this new album, its good to see she's starting to shake off the cheesy skaterpop/rock persona and actually produce well thought out tracks. You can clearly hear the influence of Chad Kroeger in this new album, which isn't a bad thing. Let Me Go is beautiful!

I was dubious about the collaboration with Marilyn Manson at first, but I've grown to love that track too.
on 8 December 2013
What can I say? There is always going to be a bit of a bias when you review an artist you love.
This cd is like a stage in evolution, the skater girl grew yet again, more mature?.. definatly, still her wild vibrant style, just more, better.
One side note. Trust the note that the cd is explicit, it really is. You might want to listen before you buy it for someone.
on 12 November 2013
This album is definitely worth buying. I think it's amazing. Avril as usual is amazing and she's a great singer. One of my all time favourite singers. Wasn't impressed with amazon though. Ordered it for release day Monday 4th November and got it today Tuesday 12th November. Over a week later. Could have just gone into a shop and bought it.
on 6 November 2013
Admittedly the first two singles from the album were not especially good, but having listened to them a few times now - and played the album twice - it becomes clear that there actually isn't a bad song on 'Avril Lavigne'.

'Let Me Go' is possibly the best song on the album - and believe me I surprised myself by saying that! - but it's followed very closely by 'Bad Girl', 'Hello Kitty' and a couple of the others. Every song on the album is a potential single, covering all possible bases, so the next one is going to be tricky. I suspect that 'Bad Girl' will be the one - although some of the lyrics may prove troublesome for radio play. '17' is another contender. The album ends, as another reviewer has noted, with three of Avril's more mature and in a way more carefully judged songs. Maybe this is the direction in which she intends to head from here.

'Avril Lavigne' is definitely a much better album than 'Goodbye Lullaby' and easily on a par with 'Under My Skin' and 'The Best Damn Thing'. Her move to Epic seems to bode well for the future.
on 29 March 2014
A typical Avril album, so if you are a Avril Lavigne fan you would not be disappointed. Not sure about a lot of the swear words in the lyrics though, seems unnecessary. It's a like a kid swearing to sound cool, if you know what I mean.
on 1 October 2016
Although I'm Avrils biggest fan by far I don't feel this was her best album, it was a very mixed bag and lacked consistency unlike some of her other albums which provided banger after banger, She'll be back with some bangers I'm sure #myhero, still a good album.
on 16 March 2014
An amazing new album, i didn't know what to expect but each song is different again and Avril's voice seems to get better as she matures! Delivery was extremely quick, very very happy!