Customer reviews

Corsicana Lemonade
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£9.90

on 24 January 2014
A friend of mine went to see WD in Brighton and remarked on facebook how good they were so I thought I'd check them out. I listened to a few snippets of Corsicana Lemonade and they piqued my interest enough to download the full album. I'm very glad I did. Having done so I've voraciously sought any other music by the band, so they're other 4 albums. This is the best entry point as the most accessible piece they've done, At Night in Dreams kicks off the proceedings with a bang of riffing and melody which is sustained brilliantly throughout. What I love about WD is their absolute ability to construct unusual yet melodic songs, the sheer intricacy and the way they meld styles. It is breath taking, more so on 'D' and 'Workout Holiday' (albeit the latter is raw) but certainly in evidence here. Normally I find guitar music a little one dimensional and tired, and moreover totally predicatable, this is not the case with this band. Buy this, then buy the rest!
5 people found this helpful
on 26 July 2014
Take a large portion of early Steely Dan, particularly the guitar sound. Then add a dash of country influence, I'm thinking Allman Brothers. After just fold in some Black Keys and there you have it - White Denim. To explore the origins of this album is not to detract from it in any way. This sounds as fresh as fresh can be and like most great albums, takes 4 or 5 listens until the songs grow into hugely satisfying tunes in your head. Brilliant!!!
One person found this helpful
on 19 January 2014
Was impressed with the guitar playing but felt that using 20 notes instead of maybe 6 or 7 spoilt things a bit; clearly influences of Allmans, Little Feat, Steely Dan etc.etc. but just seemed a little clinical to me, very tight, still worth the buying!
on 16 December 2013
This is a great album. What a tight band and exceptional players.
I love guitars and some may find there is too much riffing in this music, however there are some almost hummable tunes here - like a rockier version of Steely Dan iin places.
Recommended!
on 13 June 2017
As usual
on 18 May 2015
my favourite band, brilliant playing, of jazz prog pop rock ,imagine ,Zappa meets Yes,Sparks,Led Zep,The Byrds,The Outlaws,etc wonderfull
on 22 September 2014
Enjoyed most of the album but the production is a bit congested for my taste. Its a bit of an aural assault, so not a relaxing listen by any means. A good band, very tight and some great playing.......maybe a different sound engineer next time?
on 19 January 2017
excellent
on 22 March 2016
Good album
on 27 June 2015
Good album. Some nice licks.