Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 16 December 2013
It is called Children's Favourites, but it is also about being Grandad's Favourites. Do not expect nursery rhyme type songs. I've heard enough of them in their various forms. These are the original recordings by the original artists. Do you want to hear "Champion The Wonder Horse"? "Don't Jump Off The Roof Dad"? A new generation of children will hopefully hear these and learn them - as I have. FANTASTIC AND WONDERFUL.
on 29 February 2016
Buy it right now if you are sitting on the fence about this purchase! I bought it for my 4 year old, it auto ripped onto my tablet immediately and my little girl then spent an entire evening dancing around our living room and giggling. Before long, our other three older children my husband and I had also joined in. Even my 15 year old participated, putting on an hilarious Laughing Policeman performance with my husband! It really was worth the money for that alone. So many of the songs I remembered from my childhood, and my husband too travelled back in time to embarrassing singalongs with his recently deceased dad which was actually lovely for him. There are so many fabulous songs on this cd set that it is difficult to choose a single favourite. However, I will say that my 4 year old particularly enjoyed 'There Was an Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly' and again so did I as I have strong memories of my own father singing this to me when I was little. This collection is truly amazing and will be listened to over and over again - meaning our children will have memories of their own to laugh back on in time!
on 4 April 2014
Not much to say other than, if you like oldies goldies, this is for you. We have the CDs in the car and I have to say, my husband and I probably enjoy them even more than our sons (both under 3). Fantastic buy!
on 12 January 2015
Brought for the grandchildren as example of the music I used to listen too. Not sure what impact it has on them but reminds me of my childhood and many pleasant Saturday mornings listening to 'Uncle Mack' on the radio - now that dates me.
on 26 February 2014
An album full of nostalgia - and [scarily] I know most of the words.
One disappointment - it doesn't have '3 wheels on my Wagon' on it.
A great album for all those fans of 'Uncle Mac' on a Saturday morning.
on 7 August 2016
Bought this for the grandchildren to hear the music their grandparents were subjected to!!! but....it turns out its lovely to hear them all again. Quite nostalgic. Now our 2 year old is singing along with some of them! I can highly recommend
on 20 March 2015
I think I'd need a really long car journey with the kids to be able to listen to all 100 songs properly. But I knew a lot of them anyway, and for the price, you can't go far wrong. Just one slight criticism: I'm not sure why these albums continue to include the 'big rock candy mountain' song with its line about 'cigarette trees'. I don't think my kids have noticed, but to me it seems incongruous on a selection intended for kids.
on 25 April 2015
I have to admit I only bought this album for one song, then I discovered I already had it on another album. Still I have no regrets at buying this one as there are a great many classic novelty songs that I also like and have not heard in years. Buy it if like me your a big kid.
on 7 January 2015
Excellent compilation of songs that i remember from my childhood and perhaps surprisingly my young relatives seem to enjoy every bit as much. A double winner as grown up relatives seemed to enjoy hearing them again just as much. Start gargling for a good old sing song.
on 27 March 2016
Loved it. A real trip down memory lane . Yes some were missing but you can't put everything on there. I thought it was a very good selection and the sound quality was also good. Now with Stewpot sadly gone it may be the only way to hear these songs again.