on 7 May 2014
I usually over-specify computers and then don't use the features I've paid £££s for. This time I decided to go (fairly) cheap, with just an i3 processor and lots of memory. Seems to have been a good choice.
Came with Windows 8.1 and though this is obviously designed for touchscreens, it's fine without and I think rather better that Win 7 and incredibly better than Vista.
I like the keyboard, and the touchpad is fine but a mouse is better. Could do with more USB ports, I suppose and the speakers aren't great, even though the audio is of very good quality through add-on systems.
Overall though, I would happily recommend this laptop.
on 22 July 2014
It arrived promptly and well packaged. It was easy to set up and even managed to have it look a little like Windows7 so not too bad. Got rid of a lot of Microsoft stuff that I didn't want and installed OpenOffice and Picasa which I've always used. I somehow received an update and Google Chrome somehow got installed which I don't like and had a little trouble trying to get back to Internet Explorer, but sorted in the end. It's very quite, doesn't get hot and is very quick. The overall appearance is a little plastic-looking, but for the price I think it's brilliant and would definitely recommend it to anyone.
on 19 July 2014
It does everything, it claims. i3 Processor, Windows 8 and lot of storage space - 1TB. It takes time and effort to understand how everything works but once you understand, everything is fine. I am happy with this laptop.

Hari
on 4 July 2014
Fairly standard computer, all seems to work ok. Keyboard is a bit cheap but not annoyingly so hopefully it'll last the course - I did see a display model in a shop with one of the function keys jammed under the fascia but fingers crossed. Very easy to replace the hard drive with an SSD.

Windows 8 make me want to knock 2 stars off though as its like a willful child having a tantrum because the computer you are using doesnt have a touchscreen. It also makes removing the crud software a painfully slow job. You may want to consider budgeting for a copy of Windows 7 just in case you don't get on with it....
on 25 September 2014
iv had this laptop for just over 6 months and im really chuffed with it, it was speedy delivery it was well packaged and in brand new condition, the touch pad took a lot of getting used to and to be honest i ended up getting a cheap wireless mouse but i was going to do that anyway and that doesnt take anything away from the laptop for me because i mainly use it for storing and editing photos on and need the extra control for the fine details anyway, also it doesnt help that swiping from either side of the touchpad brings out another menu on windows 8 so the mouse is probably better all round. the only thing i will say is that it doesnt run big games very well or in some cases very rarely but they were very big games i was trying to use, flash games are fine and thats not what i bought it for anyway. the speakers are not very good but i mostly use headset and sounds fine through them if you did want it for music id say look elsewhere. i put a lot of thought into buying this laptop and so far its proving its worth for the specific things i wanted it for so im very happy.
on 25 August 2016
Beautifully built laptop, used every day and has proven to be very reliable. Extremely satisfied, and would definitely buy another Toshiba laptop - much better quality than any of the other well-known makes we have owned.
on 28 July 2014
Lap top is excellent; good spec and great to use. Like & quiet. Processes my video editing well and pix for photobook. Windows 8.1 bundled has taken some getting used to compared to earlier Windows versions and still some aspects I do not like; not quite as intuitive. Too much "product" is bundled with the laptop - designed to get you to spend. Apart from that an excellent package.
on 27 August 2014
A very nice PC. Very fast with large 8Gig memory. The only reason I did not give this laptop 5 stars is because I find the CD drive very hard to use because of where it is situated, almost underneath the machine. This is very poor design. I also found Windows 8 very hard to get used to. Having used Windows 7 I found no similarities to help me. It is a completely new system.
on 3 August 2014
It's a laptop with Windows 8.1. The price was right and it was delivered very quickly. The design and use of the hardwear by Toshiba is first class, but oh dear Windows 8.1. Has it been designed by children under 5 years old? Took a while but I'm glad the revised 8.1 version allows for a proper desktop to be set up in place of that awful infant school/nursery screen with big pictures for users who can't read. Just to confirm the laptop hardware is first class.
on 27 August 2014
I'm very pleased with this laptop; it does everything I need it for and lots more. The laptop itself deserves 5 stars thus far. It was easy to set up, boots up in a couple of seconds, and the screen is fantastic. The extended keyboard is useful, and it feel right.

However, Windows 8.1... That is seriously odd after coming from Windows 7. Intuitive and user-friendly, it is not. I know that is not the fault of the laptop, but it drags the overall experience down a star in my opinion.