on 4 December 2014
I would really recommend that if you want a 'genuine' charger go into the samsung shop and pay that £10 more for a genuine charger which won't give you any headaches! The charger that I received was definitely not 'genuine', compared to the original, the writing was different/missing, heated up when charging and made a loud humming noise. I received a full refund via Amazon and sent this item back, don't take the risk!
on 1 June 2015
I don’t normally leave reviews, mainly because I can’t be bothered however upon purchasing this Samsung charger I thought I’d make the effort. At first glance it all looked fine so I plugged it into my S4 and let it do its job, after 10 minutes it was charging fine but I thought I’d just check to see that it wasn’t getting to warm as we’ve all heard the horror stories and was shocked to feel just how hot it was getting, way, way too hot for my liking so immediately turned it off.

I pulled out the USB cable from the plug and noticed that the white internal mating part inside the plug was getting discoloured (light brown), there was definitely a smell of overheating when I put my nose to the socket. I have 2 Samsung charges that came with my S4 and Tablet so I know these are original factory items so thought I’d do a visual check to compare with this one, both internally have no discoloration and are well over a year old.

The plug that goes into the phone is different, it fits OK however on the USB Logo side there isn’t 2 long ‘U’ shaped cut outs like on the original and on the other side the 2 slots are longer in length than the original. At the USB plug end of the cable the diameter hole where the cable goes into the USB moulding is larger than on the original, no big deal I suppose but it’s all a bit odd.

But the biggest concern (apart from the overheating) is once you have connected the USB end into the plug you can rock the whole cable from side to side (which means things are moving internally in the plug) whereas on the original once you have pushed the USB cable in there is practically zero sideways movement. All this raises some serious red flags to whether this is a genuine Samsung charger as stated and I for one won’t be using this again, so buyers beware.
0Comment| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2014
I bought one of these from MYAMSTORE and was very happy with it until it stopped working a week later. It was overheating a lot and was in my opinion a potential fire hazard! I contacted the seller and explained the issue and was immediately sent a replacement, the replacement also lasted a week before blowing up on me. I again contacted the seller, this time questioning whether this truly was a genuine samsung product. The seller was very disrespectful and insisted they were genuine. I would not recommend buying from them to anyone. I eventually got a full refund after contacting amazon.
on 24 June 2016
Purchased as an additional charger for several different Samsung Phones and tablets, S3 to S5. The unit failed to charge any of them and actually discharges the S5. Benefit of the doubt- I returned it for a replacement. Replacement arrived 24 hours later (you have to love Amazon Prime ;-) ), but sadly was worse, becoming very hot within seconds of being plugged in and failing to charge. Returned for a refund. I cannot believe these are made by Samsung although they do look superficially similar. Whoever makes them... avoid them. They dont work
on 5 November 2015
This is meant to be an actual Samsung charger and I was using this to charge a Samsung phone. However I awoke this morning to find the charger was nearly on fire at the point where it enters the phone, this was producing thick black smoke and the table the phone was charging on was red hot with the plastic on the charger burnt and melted away. Luckily the smoke woke me up and I was able to stop this before it set my flat on fire. My advice to anyone wanting to purchase these, be careful!
11 Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2016
Worked initially but then within a couple of days stopped working. Tried a different plug to attach the cable to and that works so it must have been the plug provided. Not great. I worry about the whole thing going on fire if it is a cheap knock off. It looks like a genuine Samsung but obviously it isn't. Can't recommend.
on 10 March 2017
Very disappointed;

It's a slow charger and when I wanted to return it they said to me that I am not able to return it for free or I have to pay for the Postage which will cost nearly the price of the item it self.

I am not using it now and I have put it back in it's actual package.
on 21 July 2014
Dangerous! Blew up in socket! Had to buy yet another charger. :(
11 Comment| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 March 2017
Terrible products and more than likely fake!
Lacked the power to charge my Galaxy Tab S2 tablet!
Slow charged my S7 on a single occassion and then the charger broke
Poor!!!

I can't be bothered to ask for a refund!!!
on 9 May 2017
It was just what I needed ..good value..I would recommend it to anyone as it meets all my needs as the phone charger