Christmas, With Love

quite a voice
on 11 December 2017
Fantastic Christmas albulm
on 8 November 2017
All products bar one were very good
on 19 November 2014
I always was Leona Lewis fan and I think am even more of a fan now, this beautiful Christmas album just made my day listening to her stunning voice could melt the hardest heart. I remember when one more sleep came out I was hooked but allowed I would wait to buy album at lower price. I wish I had purchased it sooner as not only is there some real classic Christmas tracks there is originals which makes a nice change with these Christmas albums. One of the stand out songs for me is Ave Maria her voice is beautiful on this track. My only negative thing to say is it's a pity the album wasn't a bit longer but am just glad it's here for every Christmas to come.
on 1 July 2017
was very happy with the CD.
on 8 February 2014
This was just what I needed to get me in the Christmas spirit! I feel like I peaked to early when I started listening to it over and over and almost got sick of Christmas before it even arrived!
on 23 February 2014
I bought this for my husband for part of his Christmas present, mainly for "One more sleep" which we had been listening to on our TV music channel. It's a very catchy song and we think it will become a classic must have Christmas song - at least it will be for us!
on 31 December 2013
I love 'One more sleep' and can't stop singing it. So many of the songs are lovely on this album. 'Ave Maria' is beautiful!
VINE VOICEon 6 January 2014
Leona Lewis seems to be this year's Katherine Jenkins insofar as it's, "it's my turn to bring out a Christmas record".

I thought there were better Christmas albums this year, for example, Susan Boyle's, Richard & Adam and Jonathan & Charlotte.

Leona's attempt at Ava Maria was frankly irritating and show-offy. Yes, she has a great voice and I am a big fan. However, Leona, this didn't work for me.
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 December 2013
This album features three original songs, a cover of a British Christmas rock classic, a cover of an American Christmas rock classic, and five Christmas standards that everybody has heard countless times before.

The three original songs are One more sleep (a Christmas love song), Your hallelujah (in memory of deceased members of her family) and Mr Right. My favourite among them is One more sleep, which seems the obvious choice for release as a single.

The five standards are Winter wonderland, White Christmas, O holy night, Ave Maria (the Schubert version) and Silent night. Leona performs them superbly and, like the other songs here, they have a contemporary production.

The American rock classic, Christmas (baby please come home) was originally recorded by Darlene love for Phil Spector's Christmas album, which a lot of people are familiar with. I've heard several versions of the song, but while the original is still the best, Leona does a fine job with this song.

The British rock classic is Roy Wood and Wizzard's I wish it could be Christmas everyday, which was a UK top 5 hit for them in 1973, since when it has been very much a part of British Christmases, although I don't think it has become popular in America. Apart from not using a children's chorus, another obvious difference in Leona's arrangement of the song is that she sings the first verse at a much slower tempo, with the rest of the song at the expected tempo. Still, it works very well.

This is a great Christmas album by somebody I've not paid attention to, but will in future.
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse