Format: Audio CD|Change

This album features three original songs, a cover of a British Christmas rock classic, a cover of an American Christmas rock classic, and five Christmas standards that everybody has heard countless times before.

The three original songs are One more sleep (a Christmas love song), Your hallelujah (in memory of deceased members of her family) and Mr Right. My favourite among them is One more sleep, which seems the obvious choice for release as a single.

The five standards are Winter wonderland, White Christmas, O holy night, Ave Maria (the Schubert version) and Silent night. Leona performs them superbly and, like the other songs here, they have a contemporary production.

The American rock classic, Christmas (baby please come home) was originally recorded by Darlene love for Phil Spector's Christmas album, which a lot of people are familiar with. I've heard several versions of the song, but while the original is still the best, Leona does a fine job with this song.

The British rock classic is Roy Wood and Wizzard's I wish it could be Christmas everyday, which was a UK top 5 hit for them in 1973, since when it has been very much a part of British Christmases, although I don't think it has become popular in America. Apart from not using a children's chorus, another obvious difference in Leona's arrangement of the song is that she sings the first verse at a much slower tempo, with the rest of the song at the expected tempo. Still, it works very well.

This is a great Christmas album by somebody I've not paid attention to, but will in future.
on 19 November 2014
I always was Leona Lewis fan and I think am even more of a fan now, this beautiful Christmas album just made my day listening to her stunning voice could melt the hardest heart. I remember when one more sleep came out I was hooked but allowed I would wait to buy album at lower price. I wish I had purchased it sooner as not only is there some real classic Christmas tracks there is originals which makes a nice change with these Christmas albums. One of the stand out songs for me is Ave Maria her voice is beautiful on this track. My only negative thing to say is it's a pity the album wasn't a bit longer but am just glad it's here for every Christmas to come.
on 23 February 2014
I bought this for my husband for part of his Christmas present, mainly for "One more sleep" which we had been listening to on our TV music channel. It's a very catchy song and we think it will become a classic must have Christmas song - at least it will be for us!
on 10 June 2014
I am not prone or moved to Christmas albums and the aging and tatty one I observe on most people's shelves, is a testament to that.
I am sick of Noddy Holder and the like, so this was a great relief and is a firm favourite.

I now have my own proudly owned Christmas album.

Classy !
on 21 January 2014
Leona Lewis never seems to disappoint in my mind , I'm glad that a few more Christmas CDs have come out now gives the talent shows a run for there money.

I lived the sound of this cd will be glad when I can play it again next year
on 10 January 2014
When Leona released the news she was going to record a Christmas album, I was slightly sceptical. 'One More Sleep', the albums leading single, is a great attempt to release an original Christmas hit. It is both catchy and represents the nature of of family time at Christmas. And the rest of the album continues the title songs quality. With another two originals and a number of popular covers, the album doesn't disappoint. Particular credit should go to the operatic cover of Ave Maria, which is both haunting and beautiful. It is great to hear Leona use a different singing style which demonstrates how versatile she truly is. Overall this is a great contemporary Christmas album, that in my opinion should have had more commercial success this Christmas.
on 4 December 2013
Just listening to my cd which just arrived this morning - SUPERB

Leona brings new life to the Christmas carols we all know and love. Her new songs are up there too with her best .

As usual Leona does not disappoint.

BUY IT!
on 2 November 2014
I bought it a year ago, and will be listening to it each Christmas from then onwards

Her voice is sublime, and I was hesistant getting this album, but when I heard the auto-rip tracks I was hooked, and kept playing it over and over until the new year.

It is up there with Mariah Merry Christmas as far a well written and performed album.

Ave Maria, so impressive as she is not classically trained and she should do a classical album and get further training as her voice is astonishing. However, I do think she should keep making pop / rnb records ...
on 25 December 2013
After buying my fav. album of Leona, Glassheart i was not glad to hear that she is recording christmas material. I find season themed albums not strong enough, but this is the first album after Sarah Brightman`s A winter symphony that i found interesting to hear everytime i do. All songs seem very emotional and happy so the album is perfect for the holidays. One more sleep was def. a perfect 1st single and other songs don`t dissapoint to. There are many beautiful pieces and her author work, so I think this is a must have for all fans of good music.
on 17 February 2014
Bought this cd because I liked her no1 hit (one more sleep)
I like every single record on it!
It's the best Xmas album that's been released in years!
I play it all the time even though it's not Xmas now
It's going to become a classic!