on 1 January 2014
Fast tablet, Great screen, I have an Nexus 7 which I sold as this is better IMHO, Nice size and great to hold
on 16 May 2014
This is my first tablet and I am very pleased with it. The display is really clear and bright, it does everything you would expect and I really appreciate the 8.3" screen. I always felt that 7" displays were a bit small and 10" tablets too big to carry around this one gives you the ideal compromise. My only gripe is that it has no mini HDMI output so if you want to connect it to an external screen or TV you are out of luck, fortunately that is not one of my requirements. I would certainly recommend it.
on 3 November 2014
This tablet is great. Would highly recommend. It is perfect for my needs. Easy to use and performs very well, which was a pleasant surprise considering the price. Very happy customer!
on 27 August 2014
consiglio questo tablet a tutti quelli che vogliono prenderne uno entro i 250€, visto che è più performante del nexus 7 2013, oltre che più grosso.
veloce, bello, va da dio :)
on 14 December 2013
I received my LG G Pad 8.3 yesterday (not from Amazon). On paper it is perfect for my needs, although I would have liked 3G/4G included, but there is no such option with this tablet. The size is ideal, giving a largeish screen with slim bezels which means it is truly portable in trouser and jacket pockets.

The only problem area for me, reported by others elsewhere, is that the screen is not that bright at maximum (although possibly bright enough except in direct sunshine), but more importantly it has a yellow/green tint. Used in isolation this does not seem to be a major problem, but compared to better calibrated screens the difference is clear. While I'd prefer more accurate colour, the plus points overall mean I shall be sticking with this product. No doubt the Kindle HDX and Nexus 7 both have better screens, but the shortcomings of both are more serious for me than the screen tint on the G Pad.
77 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 July 2015
This is my first tablet and I'm very pleased with it, though I wish I hadn't bothered with the screen protectors I bought with it. does everything I need and display very good.
on 13 March 2014
Bought This for the larger screen and have not been disapointed.The first unit i received had a yellow line down the side and was immediatly exchanged by amazon.Battery life is excellent as i use the Unit on auto brightness with blue tooth turned off.Photos look brilliant and can be edited using software supplied. Keyboard is large and easy to use even with fat fingers. Completed purchase by buying a case for 9.99 ELTD PU Leather case .
on 14 October 2014
Device is fantastic. Unfortunatly, it is plagued by kitkat 4.4 ( COMES WITH 4.2. DO NOT UPGRAGE! CANT REVERT BACK ONCE DONE, THEN CAN NOT ROOT ON 4.4 ) and Lg's cool apps will not work unless you sign your privacy away to them, to do what they want with. Firefox will not run on it. Google made it impossible to find workarounds for privacy as well, feels like you are renting this device from them, not owning it.
on 24 April 2014
Very simple to set up. Ensured the pad was fully charged. Found house WiFi and away it went. Very clear screen and a decent turn of speed. Pleased with it so far.
on 11 April 2014
I love the fact that I can still hold it in one hand; yet, the screen seems big and bright. Fast processing and the easy Android system make this a doddle to use