Customer reviews

on 13 January 2014
I have downloaded Ten Sketches of Light and then bought the CD as well to play in the car and to support this very talented young artist.
There is a simplicity and honesty to Alexander Chapman Campbell's composition. His playing style that is fresh and energising.
The sequence of the tracks is also worth considering and is clever. My favourite track is certainly 9/10, Light in the Storm.
He also designed the artwork on the CD- an all rounder. I look forward to listening to him live some day.
Music to feed your soul.
on 28 January 2014
I have been so absorbed by this album, after a friend gave it to me for my birthday. I was so impressed that I bought it for other friends and family. It is a gift to share. Perfect for relaxing to and a mediation in itself. The title is so wonderfully apt, each track sends me on a journey with light. The compositions are stunning. Simple yet intricate, his use of space is captivating. I'm not surprised this composer is making a name for himself, really looking forward to his next work.
on 9 December 2013
This album has gone straight to my heart. I was hooked from my first hearing it on Classic FM, and the more I listen the more beautiful it is. It is so refreshing to hear a talented young composer who isn't hoodwinked by plink plonk. What a gem of an album. Looking forward to the next one.
on 2 November 2013
This Piano solo collection by Alexander is uplifting and emotive music at its best. Beautifully constructed and played, it is a joy to listen to. Already looking forward to the next one! Fabulous.
on 3 December 2013
Ten Sketches of Light is a must buy this Christmas. The resonant piano flows out of the speakers like a honeyed balm. When I played it to a couple of friends there were gasps of delight as Alexander's piano filled the room. It has soul at a really subtle and delicate level.
on 4 March 2014
If you like Ludovico Einaudi you'll probably like this. This album is not a clone, but it's the same sort of idea - beautifully relaxing piano.
on 20 November 2013
I'm not a classical music listener, but occasionally I come across something special that does make me listen!
I first heard the track Light Through The Day on Classic FM Sat 16th Nov 2013, while driving home...rubbish sounds/reception on normal channels, so flicking thru stopped on CFM as this artist was being introduced.
Was so beautifull listening to the track and driving through the grand Elan Valley - Mid Wales...very appropriate as the sunlight danced across the mountains, valleys and reservoirs.
Perhaps this music will be picked up by movie producers...has that feel about it too!
Waiting for Alex's next album.
on 12 December 2013
I am a fiction writer and spend a lot of time finding the perfect background music to act as an emotional trigger.
This CD is perfect and I play it on repeat hours every day. Thank you Alex!
on 22 February 2014
Unbelievably beautiful piano music. Relaxing music to just sit and listen to, brings out emotions. This music would be perfect for films.
on 7 January 2014
Wonderfully relaxing piano music by a talented young player/composer. A name to be watched in the future and enjoyed now!