on 14 June 2017
Ok, I'll be honest here - my expectations were a little high on this one. I'd seen a repeat of Some Will Some Won't when I was around the age of 9 or 10. At the time I found it hilarious and was excited to see it was being released on DVD (especially as the VHS copy has been an exstautionate price for many years now). I'm 32 now and it's not quiete as funny as I remember. However, I do believe that it is worth a look, especially for anyone who is a fan of British Comedy. There are wonderful performances by Leslie Howard, Dame Thora Heard and Ronnie Corbett. For me however, the stand out performance was Michael Horden. Each charecter has there time to shine in this movie but his by far stood out the most. Anywho, it's not a bad little movie just don't expect anything totally amazing.
4 people found this helpful
on 12 January 2018
Comparing this remake to the original (Laughter in Paradise) which is a classic I found this very enjoyable. The list of British comedy actors is very impressive and Director Duncan Wood who also did most of the Steptoe & Son television series make this a good laugh. Recommended.
One person found this helpful
on 11 June 2014
This film has been given terrible reviews by the professional critics but I liked it and cannot understand why it has been panned so thoroughly. It is cheap to buy so give it a go.
9 people found this helpful
on 7 June 2014
I recorded this film on our very first video recorder in 1980, I then purchased the shocking Warner release on video tape in the early 90's. I have waited a long time for a good print of this fabulous film: And here it is! A much underrated and little known remake...Thora Herd is the star here, her performance is very camp!
5 people found this helpful
on 11 February 2018
great fun
on 28 August 2016
Very good but not as funny as I remembered it. However Thora Hird's walk as the maid is very funny
on 9 February 2018
BRILLIANT FUNNY AND WITTY ALL THE WAY THROUGH. GREAT ENTERTAINMENT.
on 5 March 2017
Great Movie!!!
One person found this helpful
on 16 February 2018
Quick delivery good film ..old school English film
on 5 July 2003
With the finest British actors of the time and plot line that will keep you thinking for years after, Some Will Some Won't is truly a masterpiece and a must for any connoisseur's collection. Some of the characterisation is somewhat type-cast but with good reason; the parts are all played flawlessly and I defy anyone to dislike this film!
20 people found this helpful