on 30 April 2014
I bought this for my dad as a present as I was looking for something on budget and simple to use. The mode where it stands appealed to me. I have an ipad 2, my wife a samsung 10.1.

Amazon prime was great as I received it promptly the next day. I started to play with it to install apps before I give it to my dad, and I was simply blown away.
What a fantastic tablet for the price!

It's very responsive, It does not have an HD screen but who cares as I cant see anything to complain- bright and crisp screen. It looks great with a good build- black and silver but the main thing is its simplicity of use, the different modes eg when you are sat on a table, lying on bed or had it on your lap- makes it very simple to use and stand out. You might not understand what I mean, but hold it in your hand, and you will know how different it feels to other tablets. No more neck pain!

It also has Dolby sound.Some other tablets have better sound.

Suffice it to say that I will give my dad my ipad 2 and keep this one for myself. Well done Lenovo!!!
on 29 March 2014
I bought this tablet as I have a Lenovo lap top. I liked the spec and the long life of the battery of the tablet. The stand is very well designed

The one major design fault to be aware of is the sim card feature. I got a micro sim and thought I had correctly fitted it as a little bit showed and it seemed logical so that you could remove it, if needed. The sim was not recognised and I ended up having to ley my husband look at it. After a lot of fiddling, searching the internet he found a comment that someone could not remove their sim and had to return the tablet to Lenovo to extract the sim. My husband then used the blanking plate sd card to push the sim in completely, which enabled the sim to work. He's deduced that in order to extract the sim you'd need to use the blanking plate sd card.
33 Comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 13 January 2015
Stupidly I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8” and smashed the screen. Not usually a problem but I had the 3G version which seemed particularly expensive to replace – I could have bought a WiFi only version without too much hassle.

I decided to look around for an alternative and surprisingly there aren’t too many choices for buying a 3G tablet if you don’t want a contract. There were a few that had smaller 7” screens that my Samsung, but I didn’t really want to have one smaller than the Samsung.
In the end I went for this Lenovo for a various reasons. My lad has a Lenovo 8” tablet and the unit is well made with a good screen. Secondly, this model had a larger 10” screen and finally the price was good for a 3G enabled tablet. Rather than getting a new model I bought a refurb from Amazon Warehouse and saved myself £80 in the process.

The Yoga itself is sturdy and has a wonderfully vibrant screen. It updated itself to 4.4.2 as soon as I turned it on, which I was pleased about.

Obviously the feature of the tablet that stands out is the cylindrical battery and integrated stand on the base of the unit. It does look at bit odd at first, but you soon get used to it. Because the battery is larger you get, in theory, a longer battery life, up to 18 hours if the blurb is to be believed. I don’t get anywhere near that figure, which in fairness if probably due to the fact I bought a second hand one rather than brand new. The stand is useful if you are watching something on iPlayer or Netflix, but isn’t really sturdy enough to keep on the stand while poking the screen if you’re surfing the net or playing a game, etc. Still, I’m rather fond of that little feature now. I did find though that the unit wasn’t as comfortable when I was reading an eBook in bed.

The only thing that takes getting used to is having a software home button rather than the physical button you get on a Samsung. The skin Samsung use on their devices seems more intuitive and “slick” compared to other devices, but on the plus side the Lenovo certainly isn’t weighed down and bloated by all that useless software Samsung insist on loading onto their devices.

Overall, it’s a fantastic piece of kit for a relatively small outlay. A quality tablet that I would find hard to match for the money.
This is the second talent I've purchased and the difference is unbelievable. Lenova Yoga is v easy to use and the reception on TV etc is of a v high standard. Would have no hesitation in recommending this to others.
on 8 May 2014
This is an easy to hold., easy to use bit of kit that goes anywhere and can be used anywhere
on 1 February 2014
This tablet does not profess to be what it is not. I find the screen resolution for searching the web, emails and some website updating to be adequate, even in the internet cafe environment. If you need hi definition then this is not the tablet for you and there are plenty of others to choose from.
The one thing I did not find intuitive was inserting a micro sd card into the slot to increase storage capacity. It actually disappears completely unlike the dummy one that comes with tablet and you need to push it in with a fingernail to engage it properly.
I have not purchased the cover/keyboard accessory yet, as it is quite expensive when compared to the pretty reasonable price of the tablet itself. I am using an inexpensive Bluetooth keyboard when more tying than normal is required.
on 2 January 2014
Big screen that allows you to read, browse or play games comfortably. High quality, metal frame, long life battery and an "artistic" aspect since the cylinder-like part is very useful as a stand or as a holding grip and also makes the device distinctive. Very very pleased.
on 29 August 2014
I bought this as a bit of a gamble, and it one that I'm pleased to say paid off. It's the second 10" tablet i've bought; the previous one was a cheap chinese clone bought from a high street music and video shop. It served a purpose but had poor functionality and poor battery life, and I soon sold it. In comparison this is a revelation. It has a really high quality feel to it, and the thoughtful design feature of the kick stand makes it so easy to use on a table or counter top as a temporary TV. Battery life and functionality are both great and it's difficult to get to the tablet as it's always in use with one or other of the household. A hit!
on 9 July 2014
Nothing much to say, just single word is enough 'MARVELOUS'

Amazing performance, every bit value for money. Battery takes longer to charge but then you don't have to worry for 4-5 days to charge it again.

Lucky that I eventually bought it and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a 10" tablet, this thing is great. I do have an iPad and a Galaxy 7" Tab but it beats all. The in-built stand is so useful, an excellent feature which none of the other products have even thought about.

Well done to Lenovo !!
on 30 April 2014
This is a top quality product and I cannot fault it in any way. I would recommend this product to everyone