Customer reviews

on 26 July 2017
Perfect fit for phone and very vivid colour.
on 10 October 2015
Excellent
on 1 February 2014
I really liked this case for about a week; the fact that it fits on to the back of the phone is an elegant solution. The feel of the material is very good and I like the flip cover. However there is a fundamental design flaw which has resulted in me sending the cover back and may prove to be very expensive indeed. Despite the cover being by Motorola for a Motorola Moto G phone, the magnetic flip cover has completely messed up the magnetometer in the phone rendering any app which employs compass bearings unusable. Google Maps, Google Earth, various astronomy apps such as Sky Eye and ISS tracker are completely baffled and fail to work. Sky Eye described it as an extremely unusual magnetic field. Basic compass apps don't point north but spin around depending on where the case flap is being held. There is a piece of metal in the back of the case which is supposed to shield the magnetometer but it fails completely. The magnet appears to be far too strong; you could easily use it to stick the phone to a fridge or something.

Crucially, I removed the cover and replaced it with the original phone back in the hope of restoring the functionality. I'm rather sorry to report that this has NOT solved the problem and the magnetometer appears to have been completely fried. Google Maps is still confused; even a simple compass doesn't work. It is not just me; a quick search reveals that others have had the same issue; some have complained to Motorola, who appears to have replied along the lines of 'it's a magnet - tough'. That's not good enough in my opinion. My new phone is now not fully functional and I don't know how I stand in terms of warranty. I'm not happy.

It may be that you don't feel that geographic direction is not important and you can live with the problems caused, but it is a fundamental feature of many apps these days. Bear it in mind.
1919 Comments| 360 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2016
Thus was a replacement for the same cover I bought, with the 1st gen Moto G. I've had the phone, and cover, for two and a half years, and even though I've scrubbed the cover many times, it had faded quite a bit. I was going to opt for a different color, but I love this color, so decided to get it again. This second cover will probably outlive the phone!
The cover fit the 1st gen Moto G perfectly, and as the cover replaces the back cover, it keeps the phone nice and slim. The cover activates the phone when you open it, and puts the phone to sleep when it's closed.
on 12 November 2014
I think this is the best case for the Motorola G 4g phone, it fits perfectly and so far I have had none of the problems that other users have had. Strange really, one reviewer said that she was having a job to get the phone to fit, and thought that the case was only meant for the Motorola G and not the 4g, well my phone is the 4G version and I just removed the back of my phone and fitted the case back in a matter of seconds. Yes it is harder to take a photo with this case, but it is worth having to hold the case out of the way, just to get this great case, I would buy it again without hesitation.
on 20 July 2015
I've had this case since November and find it excellent, the only thing that would improve it is if it flipped down rather than sideways as it can make it awkward when taking photos. This review was for the 1st generation case, I've since purchased another in lemon, again excellent. Also sent for one for my husbands 2nd Gen 2015 which as other people have said didn't fit in the top left corner. This was returned and the replacement I received is excellent even though it was in exactly the same packaging. Amazon lump all the reviews for all the models into one and don't allow you to review each one separately. I would recommend persevering if you have trouble with the fit on the 2015 model.
on 1 March 2014
I got this for my wife for a number of reasons, mainly the fact it covers the screen and you can fold the screen cover a way to the side. She loves the smart feature which automatically switches the phone on and off and thew fact that, since this replaces the battery compartment cover, it adds minimal bulk to the phone. She has commented that its pink not violet but other than that thinks the case is perfect, well built and a good addition to her phone.
on 26 January 2015
This is a fantastic cover for the Moto G (1st gen). It fits just perfectly, by replacing the existing back cover on your phone and has a smooth fabric inside cover for protecting the screen. Magnets in the cover automatically turn the screen on when you flip it open and off when you close it. The cover looks stylish and doesn't add very much extra thickness, certainly when compared to most other covers out there. The surface of the cover is textured and has a slightly rubber feel, so that it doesn't slide on either fabric or smooth hard surfaces. Overall a superb cover and definitely worth the extra money.
on 29 January 2015
Excellent case, very nice colour and great protection. Doesn't bulk the phone up at all. Very happy with this product.
on 17 May 2014
I wanted something that would protect the phone, but something with no "bulk", as I want to be able to slip the phone into my pocket. This is perfect. When you've got the phone's back off, this is easy enough to put on. The cover sits over the screen and doesn't flap about. I was worried with the issue of the magnet causing damage to the phone, (seen in another review), but maps and location apps. still work perfectly. Also, (as seen in other reviews), there is absolutely no offensive odour attached to the case! I did steer clear of the black version, as most of the reviews that mentioned the pong, seemed to have been black, so maybe it's something in the dye. This is a great cover, faultless!