on 5 April 2017
A good adjunct to the original manual giving some clarity and precise explanation for using the various camera menu items, useful!
on 2 June 2014
Bought this even though I don't have a GX7 as the Panasonic menus are about the same with just a few features and buttons different. Absolutely love this book. Simple down to earth explanations without the padding of usual photography books. Great to dip into and love the fact that it is based on the authors own experience both of the camera and as an experienced photographer - really strengthens the book in my view.
on 15 March 2015
I enjoy watching Davids video on youtube and decided to buy this book to help me with the setup of my GX7. I found it to be very easy to understand and really informative. It has helped me get the most out of the camera and improved my photography
on 11 May 2017
It was much more useful than the official manual but would have been greatly improved with an index.
on 2 October 2014
This explains the numerous and complex menu items of this very customisable camera simply and more clearly than the pdf manual supplied by Panasonic, and - even better - makes recommendations for which settings to choose and why. Short, to the point, and does what it promises. On a rapid first go through the book I found one small error: two items (slow sync and red eye) had their explanations reversed in the flash section but it was pretty obvious. A very good and useful replacement for the dense and often opaque official manual.
on 11 January 2015
Handy menu guide, all text, sadly with no illustrations, deals with the camera menu system only, used in conjunction with the user manual, does make the menu easier to fathom. Well written, gets to the point in an engaging way. A bit uninspiring visually!
on 24 May 2015
I watched all of David's YouTube videos before deciding to move to Micro Four Thirds cameras from the world of DSLR and in particular on choosing the GX7 as my camera. (If you've not watched them by the way, I highly recommend them!) Normally I would avoid Cliches like the plague, but this little gem of a book does exactly what it says on the tin - OK to be more accurate, what it says on the glossy paper cover. It simplifies and guides you effortlessly through the menu system of the GX7 in a real no nonsense way. As I read each part I could hear David reading it to me in his inimitable style. No fancy graphics, no wasted words, just a simple, sensible layout that will help you get to grips with your GX7's menu, which as David himself says is logically laid out on the camera, but is to put it mildly quite substantial and this book helped me enormously. Best £6 I have spent in a while.
on 5 February 2014
Yes its better than the original instruction book but sometimes leaves you guessing! In the absence of any other guide (at the moment) its definitely worth the small investment and it will at least get you started.
on 16 January 2015
brill i love the straight non fancy, but yet humorus way david tells us about how these cameras work, i watch his you tube channel and have learnt to listen and follow what he says
on 25 September 2015
I found this book very simple to understand and follow. The chapter on the "menu set-up" used by David Thorpe for his own camera, was very useful, and his opinion of the various features of the camera, was also helpful. Very pleased with this book, as it’s much simpler than the manufacture’s manual. I wanted to take the camera setting further, I would feel confident to do so. Thanks very much.