Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 5 November 2013
WOW!!! Where do I begin? The Overtones are on their 3rd album now. And what a phenomenal album it is.
I thought nothing could ever match up to their first 2 albums Good Ol' Fashioned Love & Higher but I honestly think this is their best work to date. With something to please everyone.
Saturday Night at The Movies has put the fun factor back into our music charts.
This album is filled with classics from all the films you know and love that outshine the originals giving them a contemporary feel with their special trademark Overtones twist and also features 3 fabulous originals written by The Overtones themselves.
I love listening to this album from beginning to end. This is one of the very few albums I would not skip a single track. Choosing a favourite is IMPOSSIBLE but I will tell you about a few of the tracks I love!

One of the originals that stands out for me is the stunning ballad 'All About You' It is an emotional song the content of which resonates in most peoples lives at one time or another.
The beautiful and pure voice of Timmy Matley in this song deeply move the listener with the edition of Lachie Chapman's deep voice giving gravitas to the emotions stirred by the song.

Lachie's raw sexy beginning of 'Do You Love Me' from Dirty Dancing invites a naughty tingle prior to Timmy's takeover bringing on the desire to dance which overwhelms your whole body
Sure to be a favourite on the upcoming live tour.

'It Had To Be You' is an upbeat feel good song which show cases their individual voices beautifully from Mike's distinctive husky voice and Mark's smooth deeper middle tones down to Lachie's awesome Bass and then right up to Darren's brilliant falsetto completed by Timmy's incredible voice.

The lead vocals being given to Lachie on 'The Bare Necessities' from Jungle Book must be the best bit of casting in history! Absolutely love it!
Leading effortlessly into 'I Wanna be Like You' with Timmy on lead vocals ratcheting up the fun & bringing out the inner child within all of us.

'Breaking Up Is Hard To Do' Shows the versatility of The Overtones with each member taking their turn on lead vocals to create the their beautiful signature sound. It is one of my favourite covers on the album. I absolutely love what they did with the song. Neil Sedaka would be very proud! And not forgetting Timmy's superb trouser splitting high notes at the end of the song.

'Moon River' from Breakfast At Tiffany's - A hauntingly beautiful version sang by the amazing Lachie on lead vocals. No words I could muster up would ever do justice to describing the sheer perfection of it.

Beverley Knight the queen of British soul music joins The Overtones for a mind blowing version of 'Hit The Road Jack' Lachie's voice compliments Beverley's voice perfectly for what I truly believe is the best collaboration ever.

The Overtones version of 'Pretty Woman' is the sexiest I've ever heard. With Lachie's growls and purrs this track should come with a parental advisory label. It's oozes molten lava baby!

Not only are The Overtones amazing vocalists they are also outstanding performers/dancers/twerkers! Don't miss their 2014 UK tour at a venue near you. Tickets available on see tickets, gigs & tours and Ticketmaster.
on 4 November 2013
The Overtones have returned with this new CD, and the quality shines through, yet again. Admittedly I do not think this is quite as special as the platinum-selling CD "Good Ol' Fashioned Love", simply because I found that album more "up-beat", particularly with classics such as "Carolyn". A personal favourite on "Saturday Night at the Movies" is the second track; "Do You Love Me?", which is an excellent cover. The cover of Hit the Road Jack feat. Beverley Night is also excellent.

The album has not been rated 5 stars, simply because - as stated - I personally do not love it quite as much as their first album, although that won't stop me giving this CD a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 50th listen!

Good purchase, and sure to go down well with anyone who loves some of these sterling hits.
on 4 November 2013
Loved the songs, just great to listen to, I will be buying this for friends for christmas , Cook Christmas dinner glass of wine in hand and jigging round kitchen to this.
on 11 February 2014
Bought this for my daughter who is a big fan and when she had it on found myself singing along to the songs, so lovely to hear a band singing songs that I remember but without making me feel out. I like a mix of music but these young men are lovely singers and so nice to hear a song and be able to hear the lyrics over the competing musical instruments like a lot of the current bands in the charts. So glad my daughter introduced me to this band love to hear them sing when she puts the CD's on.
on 2 February 2014
Wasn't too sure after i had played it through once, but they are some tracks that I love straight away & the others will grow on me. The first track is just fab "Saturday Night At The Movies" & I also love Moon River (although nobody will top Andy Williams's verison), Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, Who Put The Bomp plus there are a couple of new tracks here as well such as Miss Hollywood Superstar & All About You. The Overtones are fast becoming a firm favourtie with me.
on 26 November 2014
I BOUGHT THIS OVERTONES CD TO REPLACE MY LAST ONE WHICH HAD BECOME UNPLAYABLE AFTER GETTING DAMAGED.I RECOMMEND THIS CD TO ANY ONE THINKING OF BUYING IT EITHER AS A PRESENT OR FOR THEMSELVES A+++++++++++++++++
on 26 August 2014
This is an excellent album and so much fun! The Overtones covers are really great and, unlike other covers, are not naff! Really nice family album that was great to put on over Christmas as it was something we could all enjoy!
on 12 January 2014
What to say...These guys are fantastic and yet again have produced an album that I can listen to from start to finish without skipping a track.. If you enjoy doo-wop music and a group that each member can sing on their own, then The Overtones are something of an necessity for your music collection. 10\10 Love it!
on 1 April 2014
I ordered this as I am an overtone fan, and having met them at lathe indig02 was amazing,
It arrived the day before it was released which meant had time to practice my singing before the big night.
Great songs to sing and dance along to, young or old. The bonus cd is good aswell and also had a Mother's Day card to keep from the boys.
on 11 January 2015
I was looking forward to receiving this cd for the Christmas tracks, to play on Christmas Day, alas, it arrived New Years eve.
Well I suppose, at least, I will be able to play it for CHRISTMAS 2015, ( looking on a brighter side).