on 29 July 2014
Brilliant, couldn't put it down. The author has the married with children, late thirties angst spot on.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 September 2014
Enjoyable book that makes you think!!! Loved the book and the idea that she could see what might have been.
on 4 October 2014
Good read
on 11 August 2014
A brilliant summer read which is fresh and exciting and not too predictable. I read it in one day! A very good beach read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 October 2014
Very good read, a little different from the norm.
on 14 February 2014
Lock the doors, switch off the phone, prepare sandwiches and coffee and strap yourself in because, once you've started 'If You're Not The One' you won't be going anywhere until you've finished this brilliantly conceived and intriguing book. And it will be a fascinating ride. Jemma Forte's unsparing approach to the universal subject of relationship angst is tense, funny, tender and searingly honest in turn. 'If You're Not The One' delivers exactly what you want from a modern British novel. Intelligent, and extremely thought provoking from start to finish. Take it on holiday. If you've not planned a holiday, book one and take Jemma Forte's book with you.
This is posted on my blog as a review for the publishers - www.apageoffictionallove.blogspot.co.uk

I actually REALLY loved this! It reminded me a lot of Ali Harris' Written in the Stars that I read in 2014, yet it was different enough to not feel as though you were reading the same story.

It was original, and kept me on the edge of my seat for the 3 days it took me to devour it because simply put, I couldn't put it down!

Jennifer is basically having a mid life crisis, one of those moments in life where you wake up and suddenly wonder if you made the right choices in life, if this is ALL there is, and what if.... you'd done things differently.

We've all had those WHAT IF moments, and I couldn't help nodding along as Jennifer's story unfolded. We always wonder what if...about out exes, we do it ladies, and maybe only our closest girlfriends know, but in this book, it's OK to admit to Jennifer that you know exactly what she's going through.

It starts with Jen running away from Max, her husband in a rather Bridget Jones styled way, and before you know it she's been hit, and is being taken to hospital where she is in a coma.
Whilst she's in her comatose state she gets the chance to go tunnel travelling to all the possibilities that could have been. She gets to see what life would have been like had she gone to Australia with Aiden (who is more laid back than an ozzie) rather than University, or marry Tim, creator of reUNIon... the super rich guy who at first looks amazing, but, i don't know about you, but when I read about life with him, I had to verbally declare that Jennifer, in my opinion should absolutely stay clear of him, and lastly there is Max, her husband. But in amongst those three suitors, there lies a WILD CARD in the form of JOE, and well, who knows... Maybe Jemma Forte, can enlighten us a bit more on Joe, I know I'd love a follow up!

This book will keep you page turning, give you cramp in your hand from not letting the book go, and you will be on the edge of your seat more times than Jennifer is on the edge of those tunnels!

An absolute MUST READ that will have you evaluating and questioning your life.

I will leave you with this;

What if.... you bought the book and read an absolutely amazing story?
on 3 March 2014
I found the book to be like "Peggy Sue gets married" meets the Ghost of Christmas past. It is very easy when you are unhappy to dwell on "what-ifs" and I thought Jemma Forte portrayed an unhappily married life very honestly.

Jennifer has an accident and she is transported to a kind of afterlife waiting room in the form of the famous tunnel. Each door she picks leads her to another "what if" scenario.

To be honest, I found all of the jumping around from past to present to present past all very confusing at first. It took a lot of getting used to and I think it distracted me from the story because I had to keep turning back pages to figure out the time-line in my head.

After five weeks in a coma, Jennifer wakes up. Having lived multiple "what if" lives, she is now blessed with gift of hindsight. If there is a moral to the story, I would have to say this: it is nice revisiting the past but you can never wish away your children. In theory, any choice that is made - that results in children, by default is the right one.

The ending is slightly inconclusive, but so is life. Sometimes you end up exactly where you are meant to be. It was a very enjoyable book that will lead to you being thought provoked and take you to the land of "What if's".
on 23 February 2014
I chose this book as it was recommended in a magazine. I could not put the book down as wanted to keep reading. The book was different and not complicated, just a nice easy read. I would have liked to had known what decision she made at the end!!
on 15 July 2014
I loved reading this book. Sadly though the ending disappointed me. Without giving any spoilers, it is one of those books that leaves the ending open for you to decide what happens next. This is ok sometimes but to be honest sometimes I feel like "arghhhhh" and I just want the author to do their job and FINISH THE STORY!
Shame because I really wanted to know if she went to find…………… (if you have read the book you'll know exactly who or what I am taking about)! ;)