Customer reviews

on 18 September 2014
Hearts of Gold Series Books 1-8 .... 5 stars each and every one. Absolutely excellent. Right up to the end of Book 8, I hadn't been aware that there was a Book 9 so I was absolutely thrilled to finish Book 8 and discovered that there was a 9. However that was where my thrill ended. I started Magda's Daughter totally lost and confused. Who is Ned? That question was answered some time near the beginning in a passing comment. When I discovered who Ned was, I was really disappointed that a whole chunk of the characters' lives I had come to really enjoy had disappeared. After buying 8 books, I felt cheated. I wanted this to be a book 20 something. I wanted my books 9-19 to fill the gaps. I wanted to be a part of Diane and Ronnie's life. You could just tell they were going to be so good together. We got a tiny taster in Book 8 then nothing!

I am going to give this Book 9 the 5-star rating it deserves because although this was a big disappointing end to an absolutely fantastic series, this book on its own was a really good read. I hope I'm making sense. The book itself was great, it was the fact the author just sort of latched it on to the end of a really good series that disappointed me.
on 14 April 2017
I bought the 1st as was a bargain but was so good I carried on to buy and read the whole series. Fantastic characters that you feel that you know and you need to keep reading to find out how their lives progress
on 2 July 2017
Having just finished the last in the hearts of gold series I can honestly say, one if the best set of books I have ever read. The characters their homes and daily life where so real to me, you felt you where among them living their life alongside.
Catrin Collier is an amazing author. Don't miss out this amazing story.
on 2 June 2017
As a stand alone book, I would have given it three stars but as the last book in the ' Hearts of gold' series it was very disappointing. The previous books in the series all followed on from each other, with the reader getting a glimpse of Wales throughout out several decades, through the eyes of the characters. A few of the characters in the previous books played the smallest part in this one. I feel this was done, solely to sell the book as the last one in the series.
on 14 May 2017
Do not be fooled by this book, it is NOT a Hearts of Gold book. The characters are not mentioned in any of the other books and it is set in Poland and not Wales. There is a slight nod to the well known characters in the first and last chapter but that is all. As a book on its own it is quite a good story and I would have given it more stars but as it is called Hearts of Gold book 9 I struggle to even give it two stars.
on 8 March 2017
I have read all 9 books in the series and the story gets better with every book. Fantastic characters and believable story lines, can t recommend highly enough.
on 6 July 2017
I have now read all nine books and loved every one of them. Was completely addicted to them. Lovely heart felt stories however Magda's Daughter was spell binding and special to conclude the series. I'm sorry the series is complete. Thank you for the pleasure Catrin Collier. ❤️
on 15 August 2017
I was transported to Pontypridd and the families while reading these fabulous books. Each book in this series is brilliant in its own right but read them all it is a must.
on 22 August 2017
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others. I was so looking forward to it as I'd read the others. It didn't seem to continue the story but it was ok.
on 2 September 2017
anncmcl@gmail.I really enjoyed the complete series of books and was sad when it came to an end..I felt like part I was part of the story,I got to know all the characters so well.