VINE VOICEon 29 March 2014
I love Fiona Gibson and she is, arguably, one of the funniest women's writers around. I was excited to see she had a new book out and eagerly downloaded it to my kindle.

This time we follow Alice, single mum and meringue extraordinaire. Her two teenage boys drive her mad but she wouldn't swap them for all the world. She has a demanding mum with high expectations (which she doesn't feel she can live up to) and some best friends who are determined to bring some love into her life. What could go wrong?

There were parts of this that had me laughing out loud. I really liked Alice and found myself really getting to know her in this book. It was so easy to read and I found myself not wanting to put it down.

I have a few Fiona Gibson's left to read and I can't wait. If you haven't read her before, give any of her books a try, you won't be disappointed!!!
on 20 April 2014
I loved loved loved this book. It had me actually laughing that much my family kept commenting on how good the book must be. Particularly funny moments were the liz Earle facecloth and even the massive portions comment struck a real chord as my "kids" make that comment about me all the time!! I could really relate to Alice and her situation. It had a good plot and I really enjoyed it. It's one of those books you want to end as you want to know what happens but then you're gutted when it is finished. It absolutely made my Easter weekend. thanks Fiona
on 21 January 2018
One of Fiona's best - there were so many times I howled with laughter, yet also there are some suitably grown up and poignant moments too. Her observation of teenage boys and various life situations is absolutely on the nail. I loved it.
on 1 April 2014
This is the second Fiona Gibson book I've read and I really enjoyed it. I loved the characters you really warm to them.
it's a lovely light read and funny in places too but at the same time not unbelievable. I liked that it didn't just focus on the dating but explored Alice's relationships with her friends to, you really get a feel for the characters in this book. A great ending. already looking for the next read of FG!
on 28 April 2015
A very funny read. I have 2 boys so it tickled me as yes that's what they are like! I loved the main character, easy to relate to, and the events were realistic but exciting enough to keep you involved. Don't want to give too much away but I certainly enjoyed the book and sure you will too if you want a chuckle and a light read!!
on 10 October 2017
This was simply a very light enjoyable read that troubled along at a very pleasant pace. Nothing taxing but nevertheless enjoyable. Will definitely read more from Fiona Gibson.
on 15 July 2014
Single Mum Alice has devoted her life to bringing up her two now teenage sons. Her three best friends decide its time for her to get back out there and join the dating scene. Enjoyable read flowed well, good characters, humour and romance.
on 24 April 2017
brought as a present, they were pleased with it
on 28 May 2014
Brilliant read, warm hearted, funny in a feel good way, loved the characters, easy story, lots of bits you can relate to. Recomend this book, fiona writes in a way that makes you feel you know the characters, l have since downloaded two more of her books, mum on the run.....excellent ..5 star...and and l am reading pedigree mum at the moment..equally brilliant and funny..will be another 5 star. Have recomended fiona gibson to my friends and family. Review by angela maplesden.
on 21 May 2015
This is my favourite so far of Fiona Gibson's books (I've now read 4), and I enjoyed it so much. I really loved Alice, the heroine, and could totally relate to her as a woman and as a mother. Very enjoyable and definitely recommended.