on 15 November 2012
Really great purchase. Nice leather case, all the holes,are,in the,right place, the stand works,well and the stylus and scratch protector come free and,are excellent additions. One minor observation. When the cover is closed the,sleep function works ok except sometimes the cover creeps open waking the kindle when not required. Not good,for me,when its in my rucksack on a long trek. I fixed,this with two bits of hook tap on the flaps. This is much cheaper than the Amazon version and I would highly recommend it. Outstanding value for the money.
on 9 January 2014
This is a great buy. The cut away areas at the back correspond the the controls of the device(earlier models do not).The case fits very well and the kindle does not move about thereby protecting the device nicely .Also included in the price is the stylus (in a matching colour ) , Screen protector and cleaning cloth.
11 Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2014
I was looking into covers for my new Kindle fire, and what annoyed me about the cover that Amazon recommended was the cost. The Kindle Fire HD is the basic model, yet the 'official' covers were priced in the higher range, especially compared to the Kindle Fire HDX. That alone tends to put me off, it seems a complete rip off to be charged a higher rate for the most basic model.

That sent me hunting - what I found was this model for a fraction of the cost.

There are basically three parts to this purchase. A cover, a stylus pen and a screen cover.

I'll start with the screen cover. I never have any luck with these, I have cats and cat hair always seems to get underneath the cover no matter how careful I am.

Still, I gave it a try. Let's just say: Cat hair 1 - Screen cover 0!

However, what I did find was it fit well, and the air pockets were quite easy to ease out. Shame about the cat hair!

The stylus. Not the best quality, I have a Belkin stylus that is of much better quality, but the one that comes with the cover does the job okay. Bearing in mind I didn't buy this for the screen cover or the stylus.

The cover itself. I'm used to the Kindle Paperwhite, and this cover in comparison was much bulkier. However, now I've had it a little while I've got used to the difference. The Kindle Fire is bigger, so I doubt there are many covers out there that aren't bulkier.

I like that the cover operates the power down, power on aspect of the Kindle, makes turning it on and off between use much easier. Although the battery life of the Kindle Fire is nowhere near as good as the basic Kindles, so I tend to power mine right down if I'm not going to use it for a while.

One niggle. In the headline they say: "All - New Amazon Kindle Fire HD 2013 Version (7-Inch) 7" Tablet (Wi-Fi 8GB & 16GB) BLUE Multi-Function Leather Case / Cover / Typing & Viewing Stand / Flip Case With Magnetic Sleep / Wake Sensor & Screen Protector Shield Guard & SMART Stylus holder & Pen Accessory Accessories Pack by InventCase® (Compatible only with 2013 Model)"

The part about the leather is a bit misleading, and unless you read the details further on down that clarifies that this is in fact a: "Top quality handcrafted synthetic leather case" you might be disappointed. Luckily I had read that beforehand so I was not expecting a true leather cover.

The stand part works quite well, although I don't use mine that often.

Overall, this does what it is advertised to do, and for the price seems like a decent enough buy.
on 8 April 2014
This is a great 'tablet'. You have to realise that it's a Kindle with bells on. Its not really an 'android tablet'
but it's pretty near. Its an Amazon product and it's geared towards everything Amazon. Thats not necessarily a bad thing. It's interface with the Amazon and KIndle stores is second to none. I bought it primarily as a reader so it does exactly (and more) what I want. But, you can use other apps - Facebook, Twitter etc, and you can surf the net and lots more. This version does NOT have a camera so it's no good for video calls on Skype. It's a great piece of kit for a good price. I like it.
on 29 January 2014
Half the price of some other covers, and comes with screen protectors, a stylus and a screen cloth.

Despite what other reviews may say there are cut outs to allow access to the volume and on/off buttons. The kindle is held in securely and cannot slip out.

An origami cover will offer slightly less protection that a rigid cover if the kindle is dropped as the crease in the cover will allow it to move if dropped, but I still think that there is pretty good protection for the kindle.
on 12 January 2014
I bought this through the daily mail offer. My Wife is very pleased with it. I have an old Kindle (3 years) and I have always been pleased with it but the new Fire HD is another experience. The pictures are startling and the sound is superb. I will probably buy one for myself but will possibly wait until you have sorted out the apps situation
on 8 January 2014
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this case because the price was so competitive. It's sturdy, looks good and my wife loves the colour. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quality Kindle case at a good price.
on 4 October 2016
Does the job but not very strong
on 1 May 2014
Like the colour, fits my kindle well. would recommend this.
Good value for money as it includes a protection film for the screen
on 10 February 2015
Great case, really like the vibrant colours but my kindle is a tiny bit too small so moves about out of place. Overall good product, happy with it.