6,424
Format: DVD|Change

on 29 August 2014
Finally watched this after all the fuss from all the addicted little girls I know who adore it. (including my 21yr old daughter!) I have to say it ticks all the boxes - excellent animation, wonderful story (an adaptation of the Hans Christian Anderson story - The Snow Queen) and excellent musical score too. I would put this on a par with 'Brave', perhaps even edging ahead slightly. Thoroughly entertaining with the feel-good factor of the Disney happy ending!
This is a really perfect stocking filler for Christmas, which will be adored by all Frozen fans. If you already have the film, you may be wondering what this DVD offers that will make it worth buying again. It comes in a slip case, with an attractive cover, making it look just a little bit more special if you are buying it as a present. The DVD itself comtains the film, but with the added extra of the words included underneath the songs - along with a bouncing snowflake, which follows the words, so your little one can sing along. Even better, in the extra bonus features there is a 'sing along selection' - which is simply all the songs together. My daughter had a play date yesterday and I think I must have heard, "Let It Go," accompanied by raucous seven year olds, about twenty times. So, this DVD will drive you crazy, but the kids will adore it! The bonus features also contains a little documentary, "Breaking the Ice," about the making of this incredibly successful movie and a little Mickey Mouse short feature, "Get a Horse." It is impossible to say why some films take off, but for my little girl - and many others - this has become a mini obsession. It certainly contains good female characters and some really catchy songs and this edition will be greatly enjoyed by Frozen fans everywhere.
55 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 April 2014
I took a chance and ordered this UK release of Frozen 3D from the UK since Disney apparently doesn't consider us Americans worthy of the 3D version. As advertised, this 3D Blu-ray disc is indeed Region-Free and works on my U.S. Blu-ray player with no problem.

The movie is fantastic, the sound and image are wonderful, and the packaging is free of frustration. It costs a bit extra ordering from England, but if you must have the 3D release, at least there's a way to get it!
1515 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2014
Frozen is a phenominon. It is a magical and emotional experience that will stay with you for days, weeks, months after you see it. It is by far the best Disney film since the likes of The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. Everything from the animation to the toe tapping musical numbers are breathtaking.

It is a heartwarming tale about sisterhood and the importance of family. Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell put in simply spellbinding performances as two sisters forced to grow up apart due to a terrible gift/curse. Menzels ensemble musical piece "Let It Go" deserves a Grammy because it is just so so so good.

I cannot recommend this film enough. Kids will love it due to Oalaf the hilarious wisecracking snowman and adults will appreciate the romance and love in the unbreakable ties asociated with family and sisterhood.

Buy Frozen and keep it forever!
1313 comments| 209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 December 2013
This is an impressively BEAUTIFUL film, with very endearing characters, solid scenario, fun moments for little ones, good dialogs, impressive images, nice music and one simply unbelievably POWERFUL song, the "Let it go!".

This film was inspired by Hans Christian Andrsen magnificent story the "Snow Queen", published the first time in 1845, but it is only a distant inspiration - the story in the film has very little in common with this classic bittersweet treat. In fact it is a completely different tale, about two princesses, Elsa, the wise but sad elder sister and Anna, the impulsive, merry but a little bit foolish (at least initially) younger one. The sisters love one another dearly, but early in their childhood dire circumstances (and a REALLY stupid advice) erected a wall between them - and in fact also a wall between Elsa and all the rest of the world... And the day this wall unavoidably collapses, well, Elsa will "let it go" - and all hell will break loose! I will say here nothing more about the story.

My 12 year old daughter simply adored this film. My 4 year old daughter liked it too, although she didn't exactly understand the story, but she was quite happy with the snowman Olaf (lots of giggling), the OTHER snowman who was not Olaf (lots of pretending to be afraid), the reindeer Sven ("daddy can I have a reindeer?"), the carrots (an important element of the film), the songs and the beautiful images.

Me, I was absolutely impressed by the visual aspect of this film, the clever dialogs and this INCREDIBLE "Let it go!" song, which is I believe the best musical cinema moment I had since "The circle of life" in "Lion King". And also I was absolutely impressed with the character of Elsa - we can clearly see there a John Lasseter's touch in the scenario, a little bit similar to the "corrected image of typical Disney princess" he already offered us in "Brave" and "Tangled".

This film teaches us many things, including two crucially important warnings for parents:

- if you have a child with issues, do not take advice from a troll! Or at least get also a second opinion!
- if you have one child with issues AND therefore also a vulnerable sibling, BOTH of you should not take stupid risks, because those children need at least one of you to live and be there for them!

The ending is may be just a little bit weaker than one could expect, but after all it is a film for kids and it was appropriate for the young public. Still, this is a minor point and honestly, if "Frozen" doesn't win the Oscar for Best Animated Film and "Let it go!" doesn't take the Oscar for best original song, it will mean there is no justice in this world... UPDATE IN MARCH 2014: well, it seems that there is still some justice left in this world...

This is a great film, to watch absolutely on the big screen, as long as it still plays in theatres - and later, I advise to buy this one on Blu-ray, because here the quality of picture is REALLY important and every pixel counts. ENJOY!
1313 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 August 2014
My children adore this movie. It mysteriously went missing a couple of weeks ago ..... no-one can find it (well not the children anyway) Great little movie that the kids adore and the adults begin to hate after the 300 time of playing.
on 7 May 2014
For some odd reason, the 3D version of Frozen wasn't released in the US on Blu-ray, so I had to import the UK version, but I'm glad I did. This movie does 3D right, with fantastic depth and beautiful environments. Probably the best use of 3D I've seen in an animated movie. Let It Go in particular is a great scene to show off in 3D. Fantastic visuals. The snowy environments really bring out the depth in practically every scene, more than I've ever seen before.

I probably would have liked to see a few more special features. I know there were deleted songs and a lot of changes during production early on, so I would have liked to see some of those things included, as well as a more in-depth making of feature, although the "Making of Frozen" feature is brilliant. There are rumors that Disney is waiting until the holidays to release the 3D Blu-ray in America, so it's possible new features will arrive with that release. I just couldn't wait to see Frozen in 3D on my TV, and I'm glad I bought this. Fantastic disc, and fantastic movie.

I really liked the movie better the second time around. The first time I found the songs odd. They didn't feel like they fit the style of typical Disney musicals. People were singing dialogue and the songs weren't quite as catchy as usual (aside from Let It Go). However, on a repeat viewing, I realized the genius of the movie. The songs really have a strong connective theme, and are actually written very smartly, with complex lyrics and unconventional rhyming patterns. I think it's the fact that the rhyming is different that through me off the most the first time, but once you're familiar with the songs, you can see the structure of the songs much clearer, and they're really well done. The acting, animation and story are all top notch. I still slightly prefer Tangled over Frozen, but Frozen is very close, and definitely one of my favorite Disney animated films!
on 5 May 2014
Glad I purchased this DVD. The packaging was excellent and delivery was super speedy. Our special little person has watched the movie over and over again and now sings along with the characters. Happy days - happy little person - happy parents...! Thank you seller. I would recommend your shop to all frazzled parents.
on 2 February 2016
Personally I would rather pull teeth than watch this being a 40+ woman (sorry Elsa fans), but my daughter tells me it's brilliant (apparently), her whole school loves this - they even did a Frozen parody at Christmas. Now my daughter talks about it endlessly (groan). Don't let my lack of enthusiasm put you off if you are into this type of thing.
A delightful story adapted from a 'Hans Christian Anderson' tale ~'The Snow Queen'~
'Elsa' has unusual powers everything she touches turns to ice, she has absolutely
no idea how to control them.
Because of a 'chilly' accident 'Elsa' and her younger sister are kept apart within the
palace down the years by order of their father 'The King'
After the loss of both parents during a storm at sea, 'Elsa' is set to become Queen,
however after the ceremony her powers are exposed startling all in attendance.
The new Queen runs away, not by intention as she runs she creates an eternal
winter throughout the Kingdom.
'Anna' with the help of local mountain man 'Kristoff' and reindeer 'Sven' set out to
find 'Elsa' who is trapped within her icy world.
It will be a perilous journey but one that 'Anna' is prepared to take to save her sister.
However there is a wicked plot afoot.........Can both the Queen and the kingdom be saved ?
'Disney' magic again brought to the screen in this computer generated animation
adventure.
A MUST FOR KIDS OF 'ALL' AGES.
A genuinely enjoyable family friendly tale.(You'll love the Characters in the tale)
(The music from the film available on CD)
Great viewing in both it's 3D and 2D versions, superb picture and sound quality
throughout.
* 3D - Feature Film plus bonus:- Features-Disney Enhanced HD picture and sound.
* Original Theatrical short :- Get a Horse.
* Blu-ray Feature Film plus bonus:- Features-Disney enhanced HD picture and sound.
* The making of 'Frozen the Musical.
* D-frosted Disney's journey from 'Hans Christian Anderson' to 'Frozen'
* Deleted scenes with introduction from directors 'Chris Buck' and 'Jennifer Lee'
* 'Let it Go' Music Videos.