Customer reviews

6,716
Format: DVD|Change
Price:£7.93+ £1.26 shipping

There's nothing new whatsoever about Frozen - a Disney film inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's "The Snow Queen". It's no "Toy Story"; there are no jokes in here for knowing adults - this is 100% a children's film. Yet, I love it - it is probably the best children's animation I have ever seen. What is does, it does very well. It's not trying to be too clever, yet it is very thoughtfully written. Charming characters, great musical numbers and nice-looking scenery - this one has that certain elusive magic that captures the imagination of kids. Adults, on the other hand, will be impressed by Frozen's sheer quality. To those who criticise its lack of innovation: kids don't necessarily look for that - by all means buy them an Autechre CD for Christmas and see what thanks you get. Only the most cynical of cynics could not like this film - and I am quite cynical (and not generally a lover of Disney films). This is deservedly one of the best selling DVD of the 2010s (puzzlingly at time of writing outsold only by the just OK "Avatar") - it is a film everyone, regardless of age, regardless of how irritated they may be by hearing karaoke versions of "Let it Go", should buy.

A 21st Century classic.
55 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2014
Hardly a day goes by without hearing my daughter (and wife!) singing one of the songs - the 'Frozen' effect will go on and on. She's even fashioned an Elsa outfit to wear while re-living 'Let It Go'. Enjoyed it myself although not quite sure it lived up to all the hype, but what does these days?
on 10 April 2016
I'm neither a girl, nor little and this was fun; perfect for when you're feeling like something uncomplicated. It is not to denegrate the story, just to say that it deals with simple, but realy issues, in a traditional way.
Great score and animation, with appropriate voice characterisation.
on 23 May 2014
Excellent Disney animated musical film - visually stunning and daughters have been singing the songs constantly since watching it in the cinema, so had to get the DVD as soon as it was released as they love it so much (and I'm happy to watch it too!) All together now... "Let it go....."
on 4 June 2014
This DVD has been watched over and over again - even by my sons. Everything about it was captivating for the children and now they know all the songs. I would definitely recommend this DVD - buy it for the summer holidays and set the kids down with some popcorn. Guaranteed bliss for a while.
on 13 May 2014
Can't wait to watch this again.
Arrived quicker than expected despite bank holidays - thank goodness, because I've been desperate to see what all the fuss was about!
So glad I've got it now, can't wait to watch again, and I'm sure it will be on non stop when the Grandchildren arrive!!
on 28 April 2014
Frozen is a fantastic disney story of how an act of true love is the most powerful of all. Follow Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven as they try to find a way to thaw Arandelle after Elsa (Anna's sister) accidentally freezes it. With great comedy and classic songs, frozen is the perfect family film
on 25 May 2014
This has been enjoyed over and over by the whole family.A very theatrical film.....could imagine it as a stage musical.Delivered in time for Easter as I gave it a s a gift to my 6 year old daughter instead of an Easter Egg. Brilliant, funny, dramatic and I can't get the songs out of my head!!
on 4 May 2014
No problems from San Diego, CA USA!!! Samsung 3-D player played it beautifully! My house is filled with her singing...Let it Go.....Let it Go....even the little one dances and chimes in...just expect an all out performance from you little ones and singing non-stop...if you can handle that! (=
on 9 December 2013
Took the daughter and her best friend to see this at the cinema. Both absolutely loved it....and have talked about it ever since. I don't usually pre-order blue-rays or DVDs. However, this time I am going to make an exception, because it'll be demanded on release day anyway. So I may as well give in early before I get my ear chewed off.

It is an amazing story about a pair of sisters who go on a journey to both discover themsevles, and save each other.....the the help of the expected gentleman, a comedy snowman who dreams of summer, and a reindeer.

The graphics are absolutely stunning, and the music has had me gripped ever since. I'm going to be singing and humming this for months.

Tangled was good.....this is brilliant in comparison. My only concern is that my daughter will wear out either the disc or the player!