on 23 June 2017
Not my cup of tea, not really sure why I purchased this!!
on 28 July 2014
My sister loved this, brought back some memories for me too haha!
on 15 May 2017
Oh SUPERB!
on 21 December 2013
This album brought back some amazing memories. You can always rely on Pete Tong to get it right. Fantastic album.
on 25 June 2017
Great!
on 11 November 2013
...because I was torn between the idea of a proper mix by one of the all-time greats of modern DJing, and having the tracks unmixed so that I could mix or at least reorder them myself. I've gone for the latter view, but I respect the views of the one-star voters. It is a bit of a con to show Tong at the decks on the cover of this collection when there's not a mix in sight and just about every track is a radio edit. This is more of a 'Clubbing History 101' for those younger than I am - 59, like one of the one-star posters. Interesting that none of the commenters so far [mine is the 9th] has quibbled with the track selection, so the real issue is mixed/unmixed and the misleading cover pic.
44 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2017
an excellent album,even if I had to wait over 2 months for it to arrive
on 10 November 2013
I can see a number of (valid) comments about these tracks not being mixed - but for someone like me who cannot stand mixed albums (particularly compilations) and often listens to such albums on shuffle, this is perfect.

I spotted this album on Google Music, but they only seem to have a dozen or so of the tracks listed. When I realized this contained 60 tracks (particularly such a brilliant selection), I couldn't believe it. Plus instant download/playback through Amazon Cloud Player.

Great stuff!
on 8 November 2013
Like most people over 30 and into house music I own most of these tracks several times over, however when I saw the track listings I thought what a quality collection, perfect "new" cd for the car. However buyers and house music fans beware....

On the face of it this triple cd is indeed a representation of some of the best music of an (or even several) eras. HOWEVER don't be fooled, despite the artwork on the front cover the tracks ARENT EVEN MIXED!!! To add insult to injury a quick skim through shows they are pretty much all nasty 3 minute radio edits with vocal fade downs at the end of each track.... hardly reflective of what the House music scene that has brought you fame and fortune is all about Mr. Tong!!!

15 plus years ago I spent (what was then) silly money to see Pete Tong DJ at the Ministry of Sound on New Years Eve. I felt sorely let down when the mixing was appalling and Mr Tong could be seen beer bottle in hand behind the decks (related??). Once again I feel ripped off and for anybody still considering buying this cd save yourself some money and pick mine up second hand as it is heading straight for eBay. CDs 1 and 3 haven't even been played!
1212 Comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2013
A great compilation and as a bonus you get the free MP3. I'm not sure what Pete Tong's contribution was (did he select the playlist?) as none of the tracks a mixed