Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 9 November 2013
... of others - at 59 I can tell you straight ! -(pun)- such 'Best Of' albums in this genre always disappoint and it is sad that Pete Tong whose talent is undeniable should lend himself to such dross - not the Music you understand which is of itself the very cream of House et al; it is, as others say here, the incompleteness of it all - I have just about everything Pete Tong allowed to be put out - so why this ?. (It is WHY we have DJ's - It's in the Mix stupid.)
It is a wealth of experience that's burbling at you guys - I was pushing the ceiling back up under the arches at Charing Cross before a lot of you were hitching your grandad's paisley Y-Fronts, ah ! those were the days - you could park the wagon almost at the door - get in for a couple of quid rave the night away to 5am get breakfast at the stand on Battersea Bridge and still get change from a tenner - Lawks what a time we had ! The Pete Tong Collection - I know of which I speak - Be Warned

Regards The Ancient Clubber
on 13 November 2013
It is safe to say that I can see after reading several people's reviews that this isn't what people were expecting from Pete Tong.

The album is a compilation of great club tunes as they were played on the radio when they were released, before DJ's like Pete and many others mixed.

If you want an album that has many remixes of these songs by Pete and others then this album isn't for you.

However if you would like an album with all these songs in their original state then this is a brilliant selection and I am glad that I have bought it!
on 8 November 2013
I concur: why Pete Tong put his name to this, other than a wadge of cash delivered to his house in Ibiza is very strange.
Indeed a nice selection of records, BUT (as other have said) we would all have most of these anyway.
Indeed they are not even 'mixed' and some are just 'edits' ie not the released track versions.

Great shame that Pete Tong has lowered himself to what appears to be nothing more than him ticking a few boxes on a music choices sheet thrust in front of him.
would not recommend :-(
on 14 November 2013
All my favourite songs and more, i love listening to this at any time, its pure mood music, and its not optional but compulsory listening.
on 3 April 2014
The track listing was enough to convince me that this was a worthy use of my money. It is not a mix. It is not live. It is 3 CD's full of the original studio production cuts. Good for the car or a party.
on 10 November 2013
Obvious choices, many radio edits and NOT MIXED. A DJ's choices, and he didn't even bother to mix them together.
on 9 January 2014
Like loads of people; I bought this album thinking Pete Tong would be MIXING the tracks - wrong! I've got these tracks on other albums and vinyl anyway, I was paying for Tong's version of this MIX! If he puts himself on the cover MIXING, I'm expecting these tracks to be MIXED! Massively misleading, but I'll stop short of saying a con, because people might want these tracks for their ipods or whatever. Still, he shouldn't have that picture up of himself MIXING if they're not MIXED!!!
on 9 November 2013
As i say this so called album is an insult. Pete Tong if you had anything to do with this you should be ashamed, all your work is fantastic. This is a load of un-mixed new and old tunes that i have already and i did not want to waste my money on any more.
on 10 December 2013
A real CON...

Pete Tong you are the World's most famous (Radio) DJ

SOOOOOOOO why did you not MIX a single tune

Any idiot can put a selection of your favourite tunes together on a tape/CD/MP3/iTunes

BUT to sell this on to your fans without a single mix - NOT impressed

Might as well get on my Vinyl Turnables and mix the tunes and actually enjoy doing it
and then passing it on to my firends for FREE for them to enjoy.

RUBBISH idea Tong - you should be ashamed

I feel sorry for the person that bought this for me as a present - I would have been GUTTED to have paid for this myslef
on 17 December 2013
I saw the ad for this on the TV and ordered it on the strength of that. It's ok, but there are quite a lot of tracks on that I skip through - my choice of course.