on 14 May 2018
If you are sending this to yourself (yes, I know.. how desperate you'd have to be to send a gift to yourself), you should use the top up feature, as it is much faster. However, if you wish to actually gift it to another person, it does take around 20 minutes to half an hour.

Your first purchase of this gives you £6 off your next Amazon-fulfilled order, so.... this is one reason to give it to yourself.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 January 2016
Terrible....I have resent the gift card via email twice now and still not received. My nephew has checked his junk and nothing. I can't find anywhere to direct me on how to go about cancelling and issuing a new gift card or how to resolve this problem. I wouldn't recommend this service to anyone nor will I ever use it again. Any help would be appreciated.
5 people found this helpful
on 28 March 2016
Voucher was delivered promptly and there were lots of customizations available to really personalize this to the recipient. Because of the quick delivery it's an ideal emergency present. You can also print the voucher to put into a card if you aren't wanting to give cash. It would be nice to offer up some recommendations of what you could buy with the voucher but that isn't yet possible. You can vary the quantity so they recieve exactly how much you want or can buy many vouchers in bulk which is ideal for using as compensation or to stockpile as gifts. You get a long while to spend them too unlike some high street vouchers which expire after 1 year.
on 21 September 2017
When one needs to thank someone for their help and support there's nothing more appreciated than something like an Amazon Gift card. In my case, this combined well with Birthday Greetings, so "killed two birds with one stone" !! I know my friend will find the card useful, so I win too.
Thanks.
One person found this helpful
on 2 September 2017
This is a great way of gifting someone - you get to choose from Amazon's wide range of products and reliable prompt delivery. If you want to give someone something they really want (would choose themselves), ensure they get it at the right time (no delays in the post, etc), give them an Amazon.co.uk Gift voucher.
One person found this helpful
on 11 June 2018
Easy Birthday gifts to send from anywhere in the world. This one wouldn't send to the recipients email, even an alternate one, so I ended up sending it to myself and forwarding it instead, which worked fine. Amazon do make it easy to resend if it has failed, so it's not an issue if it happens. I buy lots of these for family in UK and I will buy many more to come!
on 11 April 2018
If I could give no stars, I would! I purchased a £40 gift card for my friend, I had difficulty sending it to her by text as the site repeatedly said that her phone number wasn’t a valid number - this wasn’t the case. After spending ages trying rectify this, I decided to use another option that was offered and I sent it by messenger. When my friend received it, the voucher said that it had already been redeemed by another account! I contacted Amazon about this and they confirmed that this was the case but they wouldn’t tell me who had redeemed it. The person I spoke to then spoke to her manager, who promised me a refund, I then transferred the same amount directly to my friends bank account. Unfortunately, Amazon have not upheld their promise of a refund and they have not responded to my email! I shan’t be trusting their online gift cards again.
on 17 June 2018
Ordered for Father's Day via text message. Not received. Called customer services and had to request to esculate to a manager who cancelled the order and asked me to resubmit it. I did this but again the voucher was not sent. Again I had to call customer services who, to be fair were very good at handling my complaint. Again they had to cancel the order and suggested I resubmit the order to submit by email address. However as I have been trying to send this evoucher since 1245 and this was now 9pm I decided enough was enough.
When I read reviews I am shocked to see how many people have had similar issues and some lost their money all together.

It is a shame as this is a great idea but is obviously open to fraud and technical issues causing disappointment and stress trying to sort it out.

I would not recommend this.
on 3 March 2018
This was bought as a present. It was very well received as it meant that the recipient got what they wanted, when they wanted it, it didn't cost an arm & a leg to get it delivered by post, it didn't get lost in the post and as I work shifts, I didn't have to tear around trying to find something in over crowded shops and pay a ransom for parking while I did it.
on 17 March 2016
SO easy to purchase and send to a loved one!

It is a lovely treat and very nice to be able to send with such ease.

I am a person who is between the UK and USA at the moment and it is lovely to be able to send these online gift cards to loved ones on occasions where it may be difficult to send a physical present.

It is also nice for when you want to send a small silly amount of money just for the fun of it, as I have done before. To say a little thank you to the one I love, I sent them a $4 gift card with this feature and it was a lovely and humorous option that bought light to our day in a small and unexpected but very valuable way.

It is also nice that you get to pick the photo that goes along with it as it makes it slightly more personal.

a feature that i enjoy and will definitely be using again.