Customer reviews

Colour: Black|Size: 70|Change

on 17 January 2014
I was unsure when ordering this because the dimensions stated were a big vague but that has been corrected by Amazon and the case is terrific. Total weight with two bodies six lenses, flash, vertical grip, etc etc is 15kgs so meets the cabin weight allowance. Very sturdy, I will use this to travel and then decant what I need on a trip/visit to a day bag. This bag is two inches deeper than the Lowpro equivalent and means that all the lenses can stand vertically, even my Sony 70-400G lens.
Well done Manfrotto.
ps Are you are wondering what the little grey pouch with the four tubes in it, as shown on the Manfrotto site, is? Well is is just a cloth pouch for loose items and the tubes are for illustration only and do not come with the case.
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2014
I love this bag, (although it weighs 15kg with all of my kit), it is perfect. I can fit 2 cameras, a 500mm lens, a large solid 200mm lens, 300mm lens, an external flash, batteries, smaller lenses - everything. Perfect to keep everything in one place for when I travel. The wheels are sturdy and the build quality is excellent too. I love it.
on 1 January 2015
Finally took the plunge and purchased this bag as I was starting to get rather tired of lugging two bags of kit about and the only question I can ask myself is... why did I not do this before ?? The bag is typical Manfrotto quality (my smaller bag is Manfrotto, as are my tripods and they have taken quite a beating over the years and still work perfectly !) It's large enough to take both my camera bodies plus grips, 8 lenses including a 70-200 f2.8 and a rather large sigma 150-500, three speedlights plus radio triggers and a host of other odds and sods ! It's well padded and the rollers are smooth and good quality. In short, an excellent bag that more than fits my needs.
on 30 October 2016
very poor camera bag, inserts inside are good but outside is just like an ordinary luggage bag & protection is extremely poor & also inside you can feel a hard lump at the handle end so not safe to put your camera etc there.
the lid has no protection at all so if something dropped on it your camera gear would be damaged.
this is just a luggage case converted internally as a camera case.
as for being waterproof etc you are supplied with basically a piece of plasic bag to put over the top.
I would not recommend this case & think it is extremely overpriced and only worth about £50.
I have decided to buy the peli 1510 a far better case which definitely protects your gear and is waterproof dustproof & has an air lock.
on 27 July 2015
I have an excellent, high quality tripod from Manfrotto and assumed this roller bag would have been of similar quality, particularly at the price. It arrived in a well sealed cardboard box marked "Made in China" and "contains bags with washing instruction label". I don't know where the man in the picture got the second small bag from, but it wan't in this box. There is only one bag, and there are no washing instructions. (Why would there be?) Given its size and purpose, the bag feels surprisingly and worryingly light and flimsy. But then it would be considering what it's made of. In case you hadn't realised, there is a small label inside the lid stating in English and Chinese that the bag is composed of 100% polyethylene vinyl acetate. None of that nasty leather, then. The outer material feels cheap, and I doubt it provides much protection against rain. On opening the bag, Manfrotto don't think it's going to provide much protection against the rain either as they have provided an unpleasant looking, loose grey screwed-up plastic bag which presumably can be put on if it's raining. The bottom of the roller bag has cheap looking and feeling grey padding covering the metal rods of the extendable handle. The rods are still noticeable and intrude into the base of the case. The design of the internal padding, like everything else about this bag, feels cheap and inadequate. I can't complain about the capacity. It would easily hold my two SLR camera bodies, two long lenses, half a dozen smaller lenses and two flash guns. There are lots of useful pockets in the lid for batteries, filters, memory cards and so on. The extendable handle feels flimsy and cheap and I would have no confidence that it is robust enough to cart an expensive and heavy collection of camera equipment round an airport. Similarly, I would have no confidence that the carry-handles on the side and on the end of the bag would be robust enough to last. There is a cheap and unpleasant looking plastic pouch on the back of the bag in which you can insert your name/address card. This roller bag feels like any one of the numerous and cheap roller bags that can be bought in any supermarket or, indeed, from Amazon, for less than £50. Putting some padded dividers and a grey plastic bag into such a roller bag does not transform said bag into £299-worth of something safe and secure into which you would want to put your valuable camera equipment. Had this bag been £50 or £60 I might have kept it for ordinary luggage use (though frankly the one I already have for that purpose is more robust and better made) but to charge £299 for this bag is an outrage. It's an attempt to trade on the susceptibilities of camera enthusiasts who have acquired several thousand pounds worth of expensive kit and want a safe home for it. If I'd been able to inspect this in a shop, I would not have considered it. One has to be grateful for Amazon's returns policy. Utterly infuriating. Avoid.
review image review image
on 15 September 2015
A wonderful bag. Super quality. I've no idea why other reviewers have questioned the quality. It's not a Luis Vuitton but it's exterior quality is as good as a Samsonite and of course it's kitted out for photography.
I have carried tens of kilos of camera gear on my shoulder and back around the world for years now. After a trip earlier this year I was aware I had a very long trip planned in October - over 60 hours of flying - I decided enough was enough and it was time to stop carrying all that kit. Having been using a Manfrotto Pro backpack I looked at the range of roller bags; and settled on the /smaller/ one.

It may smaller than the 70 series but it still carries a enormous amount of equipment on the inside. The AW50 has a fully configurable camera interior using thick velcro attached padded cells. They are arranged in 3 channels by default but you can reconfigure it to your hearts content (or remove the lot to use it as a regular carry on bag. The bag as strong zippers - with plastic clips to prevent accidental opening. The zippers come together to form a padlock hole if you need a bit of security. On the outside the bag is discreet with a Manfrotto red dot and otherwise its black. On the outside the carrier has a tripod mount;and the other a quick access pocket for tickets or headphones. The whole bag also came with a rain jacket to cover it up. The bag has a fairly sturdy telescoping handle as well as carry handles on either end of the bag.

When packaging cameras into the bag the first thing to note is that this bag is deep; a Canon 28-70 sits vertically in the bag; a 70-200mm is too long to be packed vertically but sits horizontally with plenty of vertical room. The bag is deep enough that whilst test packing I was able to get the Sigma 150-500 into the bag with a pro body above the lens. The camera compartment is padded all under the lens as well; the lid of the bag isn't padded though. The lid has a couple of pockets; one for a very large laptop; a full width deeper pocket for a tablet and two zippered pockets for filters or cables.

Unless you are going to a professional photoshoot you can't really take the bag around with you all day so I took a small day pack (A Manfrotto Advanced Active Camera Bag Backpack) as I walked around each day.

Having got back from my trip I am giving a review after 30, 000 miles of flying ; the bag was fantastic change- moving around airports dragging my camera's made the experience much more pleasant (and less sweaty) - even the long walks at Bangkok Airport were more comfortable dragging my camera's rather than carrying them.
on 1 October 2015
I use this item almost daily. It contains 3 SLR bodies, a 400mm lens, a 70-200 lens, 24-70mm, 50mm, 10-20 as well as my laptop and card readers, memory cards etc. A great bag which I got a good deal on but if I paid full price I would have been slightly disappointed, the extendable handle feels flimsy and the clearance of the bag when rolling is very low so it catches on uneven ground and collects a lot of dirt and mud there due to this. All in all if you can get this for a lot cheaper than the RRP, I would recommend it.
on 15 August 2014
Good sturdy bag. Far easier than lugging a heavy backpack full of cameras and lenses about
on 7 August 2014
Excellent piece of kit, will accommodate all my cameras and lenses for future trips abroad