on 22 February 2014
I can't believe how useful this is. There are so many times when it is inconvenient to get out the big Dyson and I just pick this one up and instantly and so easily the job is done. My house is cleaner than it has been for a while!! I just wonder why I didn't get one before. Many years ago I had a cheap version which picked up next to nothing and was always running out of charge. The Dyson DC58 can do the whole staircase and still have charge left. My favourite tool!
on 29 April 2014
Excellent product. Does the job quietly and efficiently. Bit expensive but you pay for the quality. Instructions easy to read.
on 18 May 2016
I've been a dyson fan for years, I originally bought a Dyson animal (the full size one) when I got a cat several years ago, and I was looking for a smaller version for when I'm too lazy to get the full size one out!

This is great because it's small and light, and easy to grab when you just want to quickly hoover up some fur off the sofa, or you spot some dust in a corner.

It's also light enough to lift up and suck the cobwebs out of the corner of the ceiling, if like me you don't own a feather duster. (I don't know why I don't own a feather duster, my grandparents always had one but they seem to have gone out of fashion! That said, I hate cleaning cobwebs off a feather duster, so I'm much happier just vacuuming them up and not having to worry about scraping them off the duster.).

The handheld version is powerful enough to vacuum up cat hair, dirt from the potted plants the cats have knocked over, and various other bits of dirt. The charge only lasts about 20 minutes but if you charge it after you've used it them it's always ready to go and lasts long enough to do most little jobs.

It's also great for vacuuming the stairs! One of the hardest thing about cleaning the stairs is having to lug the vacuum up and down, one step at a time, while you clean. But this saves so much time and effort.

Like other Dysons, there's no bag and you just empty it straight into the bin which is really straight forward.

Great little vacuum.
on 6 April 2014
I have a Dyson Animal upright vacuum which has transformed our carpets and is a joy to use. With this hand held addition I can quickly remove Labrador hair from kitchen corners etc. daily without having to get the big Dyson out each time. I absolutely recommend it - it's expensive but it does the job very well.
on 18 December 2014
the best cleaner that I have ever had picks up very well and is light
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 January 2016
Small, lightweight vacuum cleaner with a very powerful motor. It's rechargeable and lasts about 18-20 minutes on a full charge - the charge itself takes about two and a half hours. It's excellent for cleaning stairs, curtains and cars due to its small size and it's more than powerful enough to get all of the dirt first time - you don't have to keep vacuuming the same area over and over again. The built-in dust catcher is very easy to empty, straight into the bin. It does what it's supposed to do very well and I can't fault it.

There is a set of attachments from Dyson that fits all of their vacuum cleaners. I ordered the one that includes the flexible telescopic attachment, for cleaning behind heaters and the side of the fridge.
on 2 June 2016
Purchased primarily to remove cat hair from stairs rather than 'lug' big hoover about. This little gem is fantastic when used for such with the power head attachment. Highly recommend and a big thanks to the supplier for a very quick delivery
on 13 September 2015
When I bought this device I thought I am buying the best out there. Wrong. Looks great and suction power no problem, but after a year of use one of the internal contacts separated, so first you had hold it together with two hands to make it work, then stopped working entirely. Repaired. Worked for another few month and stopped working again. Will go into dump, buying something else. We also have a big Dyson cleaner, bought top of the range one at the time. Things fell off that one too. Personally, would not touch Dyson again, too much hype, not enough durability.
on 15 June 2016
Really great little hand held! Bought as have 3 cats! I Hoover surfaces in morning and when I get back from work as our new house is open plan down stairs and one cat, who sheds hair a lot, likes to annoyingly hop between sofa, under TV, dining chairs etc! (It's a pain!)... But with this wee Hoover, it just takes a few minutes to do this and is easier and quicker than the sticky roller thing! Which is handy for me as currently 7 months pregnant, so I'm sure this little dyson will come in handy for the future too! The max suction button is good and it's powerful in terms of suction. Worth the money, I feel! Looking forward to cleaning my car with it soon! Recommend!!!!***
-Claire, Stirling.
review image
on 26 May 2015
The filter on the top keeps falling out bad design, Dyson sent me replacements today still bad, fine if you dont mind gaffer tape holding the filter in!
review image