Customer reviews

Far Forward
Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 13 February 2014
Written in the first person, present tense, the style is fluent and confident. Think Elmore Leonard. It starts like any cops-and-bad guys story and cracks along at breakneck pace. Then, insidiously, slowly, before you are aware of it, the story elides into something quite disorientating; a more psychological thriller, Science Fiction. You’ve had the feeling that there’s something not quite right but don’t know what it is. This is handled with great skill as he toys with the reader’s concepts of reality. Or is it schizophrenia? No, it’s parallel universes, time as a simultaneous event not a continuum. This is a little difficult to get your head around but Waller handles it skillfully and you can simply take it in and enjoy the ride. OK, the writer has made no secret of the fact that this story involves time travel and alternative futures. The Einstein Relativity stuff seems plausible and I’m intrigued by the whole concept.

I have to mention that in the version I downloaded (7 Feb 2014) there were a large number of punctuation, typographical and grammatical errors, so it needs a professional copy edit. The author says he is addressing this issue right now so, hopefully, future downloads will be perfect but give it a month or so to be sure.

Nevertheless, overall this is a fine novel, well-written, original and thought-provoking. I’m surprised this hasn’t been picked up by a publisher or agent and it would make a good film.
on 5 February 2014
I nearly didn't read this book, I was almost put off by the dedication: "First I would like to thank my God, Jesus Christ, for everything he has done in my life." Fortunately the content of the book: doppelgangers, time travel, magic bullets, is more plausible.

After a couple of chapters about Anna and her past life, and her present life with her CIA lover, the book makes an abrupt turn into the Sci-Fi element. It is at this point that the spelling and grammar errors really begin to mount up, on average about one error per page. The content seems to have been dictated into a voice-recognition package, but not checked afterwards.
on 24 November 2013
What an intriging and action packed story from the very beginning. Anna's character is strong and ballsy. She is balanced really well with Jack who is a more solid and less chaotic and Etta is a facinating addition to Anna's life. Some extreme and thought provoking ideas, well written and shillyfully explained. Not sure if I would like to meet my future self! but if you are looking for a book which has it all, drama, action, love and science fiction then this is it!
on 13 January 2014
My general preference is not to read sci-fi, but since the author sent me a copy of his book to review I decided to give it a go. I must confess I'm glad I did. Overall an interesting story filled full of action is how to describe this book by CF Waller. From the beginning the story grabbed my attention with the creative plot and likeable characters such as Anna. If you are a fan of time travel and sci-fi, then I would recommend that you pick this one up.
This was an enjoyable crime/thriller with likeable characters and a bit of SF. It was well written and I was drawn on from the start. I always wanted to know more and It got even better and interesting when the author introduced the time travel aspect of the main charcter, Anna.
Highly recommended.

Natasja Hellenthal, author of 'The Queen's Curse'
on 22 May 2014
A book that grows the mind through practical approach to life while embracing psychology and philosophy simultaneously. This is really good!
on 13 August 2014