Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:£2.49

This was an impulse buy at Tesco and is a typical afternoon movie what you might call a light weight but with a subtle difference it has beautiful camera work and breath taking scenery. The story is typical of what you might expect in that the boy finds the girl she initially hates him then grows to love him but it's done in such a way as to take it above the normal offerings. It's worth the £5 it cost and is good enough to be watched a second time.
on 30 June 2012
Zach Effron plays Logan a US Marine who while on a tour of duty in Iraq sees a picture on the ground. When he picks it up he notices that it's a photograph of a beautiful young woman. As he is looking at it a bomb goes off where he had just been standing and he realises that the photo saved his life. Logan decides to find the woman in the photo so that he can thank her for saving his life.
The story is sweet and predictible and there weren't really any surprises but I still enjoyed it.
I'm not usually a Zach Effron fan but loved him in this. This film probably wouldn't appeal to Zach's younger fans as it does feature quite a few love scenes and I must admit that these were somewhat spoilt for me by a group of young girls who kept laughing whenever these came on.
I really enjoyed this film and can't wait to see it on dvd.
11 Comment| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 11 February 2017
Zac Efron (as Logan), and Taylor Schilling (as Beth) seemed tailor-made (excuse the pun) for this film.
It requires them to be made for each other, and their acting certainly conveys that.

Logan is a Marine returning from 3 Iraq tours, during which he had found the picture of a woman, and he believed that she had kept him safe when others were not so lucky. So he sets off in search of her to say thank you.

He finds her, but doesn’t actually tell her why exactly he has entered her life, and those of her son Ben (Riley Thomas Stewart), and her mother Ellie (Blythe Danner).

Nana sees the signs and manages to give advice without directly giving it, and Ben quickly takes a liking to Logan.
Ben’s real dad is Beth’s ‘ex’, and the local Sheriff called Keith Clayton (Jay R Ferguson). He doesn’t take kindly to the growing relationship between her and Logan.

Zac and Taylor were particularly well cast in my opinion, but Blythe Danner and Jay R Ferguson gave good performances too.

The drama with Ben at the end, (and where it leads) is a little predictable though.
And, as a dog lover, I can’t believe that the film makers allowed Logan to walk away forever without taking his dog Zeus with him!
on 16 January 2016
WOW really loved this film....ok its a classic boy finds girl type of film but its done so very well!!! the actors did an amazing job; really felt like you could connect with them!!! Zac Efron plays that role so well!!! i would highly recommend it!! such a lovely film, and shows how fate effects us all :)
on 2 January 2014
Good romantic film.thoroughly enjoyed it! Nicholas sparks stories usually good.This one did not disappoint- sometimes it's just nice to watch a film which you don't have to think about just enjoy.
on 9 October 2012
I absolutely LOVE this film! Zac Efron is so dishy too! Went to go and see it at the cinema with my friend and I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to follow. I got the book soon after the visit to the cinema and finished it within days! Absolutely love Nicholas Sparks' books and movie adaptions and this did not let me down!
on 26 August 2016
Really bad.
The characters have no emotional connection, Zac Efron looks bored half the time he's saying his lines. Story line is bad. Cheesy in the worst ways. I wouldn't watch this again, I'm surprised I watched it till the end the first time. Just glad I didn't pay to go to the cinema to see it.
VINE VOICEon 29 July 2013
First I have to confess that I have not read the book. This is not my preferred genre for reading.

The film however deserves a viewing as it does rings around what could have been a Hallmark movie. This was formula enough to pretty much guess the complete film from the early beginning. However I suspect the draw is the character interaction and not a mystery or action. All the actors were good in their parts and very believable. I thought Blythe Danner was exceptional.

Basic story is of a marine Vet, on his third tour of duty in Iraq; Sgt. Logan Thibault (Zac Efron) finds a picture during the war. He believes this is his good luck charm and is determined to fine the person behind the smile in the picture that he owes his life to. He finds more than he bargained for. Did he fine more than he could handle?
on 4 September 2016
Zero chemistry between these two I'm afraid. A great idea for a story but not very well executed, the acting felt wooden and fake. I watched it to the end but was never invested in the story. Shame. If you want a good romantic film try 'what if' with Daniel Radcliffe.
on 26 February 2017
I can completely understand why Ryan Gosling said no to this film. The storyline is garbage and Zac Efron's acting takes on new levels of diabolical. I don't feel anything, only annoyed that I'm never going to get that 1 hour and 40 minutes back.