• Roar

Price:£0.99

on 7 November 2013
This is another great song sung by Katy Perry. The song represents a woman who used to nod her head and go with the flow, but who now has the confidence to stand up and say what she wants. There's a great line, "I am a champion and you're going to hear me roar," which is a bit like the early 21st Century equivalent to "I will survive." If you know a bit about Katy Perry's own history, and how she was unceremoniously dumped by her ex-husband, Russell Brand, it seems to give you the feeling that she knows what she's talking about, that she's been knocked down, but has got up stronger for the experience. It's a great female empowerment anthem, but also a great tune, a great song. Love it!
My morning anthem , as a person who lives with depression I play this song as this is how I feel about fighting my low moods , my "black dog" . So I place this every morning to give my self the fighting boost. I am a lion hear me ROAR.
on 24 December 2013
I'm a fan of Katy's music and I wasn't surprised to find that I would like her latest track either. It's a good track to listen to if you want to feel more positive in life or simply needed a quick boost before going ahead with a new venture; especially if you happen to be a little outwardly shy, like me. Lovely stuff.
on 26 January 2014
I downloaded this mainly because my granddaughters love it and they like listening to music on my Kindle when they visit. It is a good, catchy tune which they love singing along to and I've got to admit I love it too despite my advancing years.
on 14 February 2014
An Empowering song for women who have been let down by a partner! Shame about the video. I heard it before seeing the video and I interpreted the song so differently, instead KP missed the opportunity and chose to prance around with animals.
on 9 November 2013
Really great feel good' catchy song, love it! Would def recommend! Love all her songs but this has to be a fav!
on 7 November 2013
What a great song from Katy and the video does her justice too! A really liberating song to be sure.
on 9 May 2014
I love this song! as it has a good meaning for all the wallflowers out there! with most Katy Perry's songs, the tune is catchy and with good meaning. I can see this being " a strong woman" anthem songs like Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive"
on 27 November 2013
Rated a 5.. cos its my song of the year to date. Love Katy. & she has just hit the right note with this powerful & catchy number. The use of eye of the tiger is also clever - if you remember the hit used in Rocky? lol.
on 28 January 2014
Cheesy song but KP has a good voice and you can listen to this track a few times before wondering why you bought it.