Customer reviews

Excellent
on 9 September 2017
excellent
on 27 April 2014
I bought this album for my kindle so that I could listen to it anywhere. I also have it on CD as I think that simply red are and were one of the best groups ever. The whole album is is brilliant.
on 26 March 2017
all the songs you know and love
on 18 March 2015
I would recommend this item
on 10 December 2013
Simply Red is one of those bands who managed to survive - and thrive - in the music industry solely because of the quality of their records. Their sophisti-pop, blue-eyed reggae blend not only stood out, but became highly successful, earning them a special place in contemporary pop, just as unique as their sound. "Song book 1985-2010" is an updated and enhanced version of 2008's "Simply Red 25: The greatest hits", including all of their singles, along with album tracks, and rerecorded songs. 61 tracks spread across 4 discs (each representing a decade: the '80s, '90s, and '00s, and the fourth disc being rerecordings of hits, oddities and rarities), with at least half of them justifying the purchase, no matter how unnecessary the rest may appear to casual listeners. In fact, apart from the well-known hits, it is surprising how many lesser known songs are equally good, which only proves how great this band was. Up until now, the only Red albums I owned were the magnificent "Stars" (1991), which happens to be their top and best-selling, and their 1996 "Greatest hits" compilation. Chronicling their impressive career from their 1985 debut single, "Money's too tight (To mention)", all the way to 2010's "I have the love" and "Beside you", "Song book 1985-2010" is their most comprehensive retrospective to date, the only Simply Red collection anyone will ever need. Special mention for the simple, yet, captivating cover artwork, and the beautiful, most informative 36-page accompanying booklet. Holding back the cash would be such a shame, if you don't know them by now, there is pleasure at their fairground on the way. I hope you comprehend :)
review image review image
on 1 February 2014
I love the way these four cds have been done. In order of the album sequence over the years.
I have all Simply Red cds but it's great having a mix like this.
Recommended.*****
on 29 April 2014
Very nice music. I love this group since 1985.
Suggested to all pop music amateur.
Have a nice listening with SIMPLY RED
on 13 June 2014
I think it was a really great buy as I have not only got it as CD box but in mp3 format as well! The quality of the records is excellent, the box, delivery time - all high quality. And I have nearly all my favourite songs in one place and even found some I haven't heard before.
on 8 January 2014
Despite having every track already this is good because everything is in one place and therefore very easy to access.