on 31 October 2013
This book is really the Kiss of Ice. Annata is as hard as they come. I fell in love with Poor Christy he just kept on coming back for more punishment! Even to the very bitter end it was still him who went to her and threw himself down on the alter again. I stayed up till 4am in the morning to finish reading this story because I just could not believe how much this man loved this woman. This book was sooooo good! I will have to check out her sister Toni's story as I think I am hooked now. Lord have Mercy if a man loved me like that I would fight to keep him!

This is an excellent read. I recommend it highly a real page turner!
on 25 November 2014
I loved this book!

Anatta- is a feisty hard-working woman who has the ear of the CEO to a $bn company she hopes to one day run.

In comes Christophe, the CEOs spoiled only son who Anatta fights with for control of the company. Christophe has no interest in the CEO position. He's spoiled and lazy and doesn't want the hassle of leadership. However, it's obvious his father would love for his son to take over the reins.

The story charts Anatta and Christophe's exploitive passionate relationship with the CEO job dangling like a carrot between them.

I loved that Annatta is a woman who knows what she wants. She knows she has to play the corporate game to get what she wants and despite her relationship with Christophe, her eyes are always on the prize.

In this genre Lavender Parker really stands out. Too often, the women capitulate to their male counterparts, they have no meaningful career or ambitions other than to get married and have babies (nothing wrong with that but it gets tiresome). Lavender writes strong female characters who have their own things going on and that's what I loved about Anatta.

Also, I'm glad to see safe sex (and there's a lot of it) featured prominently, because again, that's often ignored in this genre.

However, Anatta was kinda unlikeable after a while- she was constantly angry and always fighting Christophe. How she could possibly think any man would hand over their company to someone other than their own child, especially when their child later on proves themselves, I don't know.

The story was too long because there was a lot of break-up, get back together - rinse and repeat. I realise having read the other books in this series, that the story was elongated to introduce the other characters who would later have their own stories.

Side-note, can a romance author write a female character whose hair actually features. I know that might sound weird, but I'm tired of reading of these Olivia Pope-type characters whose race in incidental to the story. Hair is a big deal to us so can the writers stop acting like it's irrelevant please. I look at the pictures of some of these authors and I'm like ' you have 4b hair, so why are you writing about 2-3c hair types? '. Just a pet peeve of mine.
I really enjoyed this story. I was hooked throughout and amazed by Christophe's persistence, and also amazed by the power that Annie's fears have over her. For some reason I found myself analysing Annie's thoughts and behaviour while reading... (Probably a desire to understand.)

I'm looking forward to Toni's story.
on 30 December 2013
This is such a brilliant book, very well written the only downside is that the storyline drives Thu curled a little and you may feel a bit deja vu and be tempted to skip vivid but patience is key, because this book is worth it.

RGW
on 5 December 2013
It took some time but it did heat up some pages in and I must say, it was a good read! Will def look out for the next one kiss of fire if it's not out already! The steamy scenes were hot and sexy......! Good read!
on 30 December 2013
This book was superb. I saved it for a day when I would have time to read it uninterrupted. Wow!!! If I could give this review ten star's I would. Greate read.
on 22 March 2014
I can't believe I'm going to say this but (and I hope I never will again)the book was too long . It was brilliant at first, the build up to then finding out that they where meant to be together, lovely, that should have been it but this book went on and on and on being together not being together, repeated through out the book until it got boring. Shame because this book could have revival some of the well know authors around. I will give her 3 stars because it was good at the beginning but needed a little bit my imagination at the end.
on 12 January 2014
Read much better books it usually takes me a day to read a good book thus biok took me just over a week lost intersect
on 24 January 2015
A wonderful drawn out relationship with Chris and Annata. The story is saying you can attain your goals to reach the top, but if you don have someone beside you to love it can be a lonely place. It took them a year to get there in the end. I loved Chris' persistence in going after Annie and claiming her as his.
on 7 November 2013
Although I enjoyed the book, I have to admit that I really found the lead female character exasperating! She just seemed to be awkward just for the sake of it, and I'm afraid I just could not warm to her. Nevertheless, a sensuous read.