on 27 June 2015
Great product... We borrowed this from a friend whilst we travelled in our camper van, saves gas and makes scrummy meals. Had to purchase one for ourselves. Easy to wash and store due to the canvas fabric. And most importantly it really does work, although my recipe book was missing from the delivery!
on 20 March 2015
Bought as a present, but the recipient is pleased with it. It does what it says.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 March 2015
Bigger than your thinking it is, but good for lentils
on 18 March 2015
Very pleased with this non-electricity slow cooker. Have made three delicious meals, two from the supplied cookbook and one of my own. All worked well. However because it relies totally on insulation to retain the heat from the initial simmering, the food is not piping hot after the suggested four hours cooking. That is easily remedied by popping the casserole dish back on the hob for a few moments. I bought an oxtail from the butcher and cooked that; oxtail needs a long slow cook. After four hours it was still not tender enough so I brought the dish back up to simmering for five minutes then popped it back in the Wonderbag for another four hours. That worked well. So a bit more experimenting is needed to get things just right, especially when you are used to a conventional slow cooker. Glad I bought this which is going to be used on our narrowboat and save us gas usage. Would recommend but be prepared to learn from using it what works and what doesn't.
on 22 February 2014
Does exactly as it says - wonderful wonder bag. The packaging wasn't the best I've seen but it arrived fairly quickly and it wasn't damaged.
on 23 March 2014
The Wonderbag is awesome. Casserole dishes are cooked to perfection by dinner time. A lot better than when they simmer for a couple of hours. Vegetables are not mushy and meats are so tender. And the savings on energy bills are considerable too. In short, a great product!
on 8 February 2014
I don't think it cooks stews that well I find I need to cook food a lot longer than suggested before using bag and the food is not that hot when ready to serve
44 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 January 2016
I took one of these out to Senegal to try out. I have only tried vegetable based stews at the moment but so long as you get the pot piping hot and ensure that it is full with 5-10 minutes simmering time, the pot will be just as hot when you take it out of the bag 3 hours later...and the vegetables are nicely (but not overly) cooked. You could use this anywhere and I thoroughly recommend it for vegetable based stews - I haven't tried it with fish or meat though.
on 7 January 2014
Just tried the wonder bag recently to cook a lamb stew with black fungus. The outcome was fantastic as the soup stayed warm even after I left it overnight. It functions as a slow cooker but without over cooking the ingredients and they don't appear mushy in the morning. The meat turns our tender and nice and the vegetables still in one piece! I would recommend this to everyone
on 16 September 2013
WOW, the wonderbag is great! I am working and living in New York City where time is everything - I have started using the wonderbag to cut cooking time in half and when I come home late after work I have a healthy cooked meal just waiting for me instead of having to start cooking at 10PM. I ordered it online and it just took a couple of days and then I had it delivered to my apartment with recepies included. I love how it both cuts my cooking time in half but also makes me more innovative in the kitchen. I just ordered a few more for my friends. It's the perfect gift!

See one answered question