on 13 May 2016
before i go on a rant i would like to point out that this looks and feels like a really well made motherboard, with great features etc. however I have one major gripe with the unit. its advertised as supporting Fm2+ AMD processors, and out of the box it does NOT.

The Bios revision that comes as standard does not support anything beyond FM2.

Ok, so a simple bios update will fix that. But here is my problem - I cannot update the bios with a USB key, i HAVE to purchase an FM2 processor to update the bios, and then i can use my FM2+ chip. I dont believe its realistic to expect customers to already own an old processor to make this motherboard fm2+ ready.

What really makes the whole situation even more frustrating is that all of the packaging and marketing for the device has been updated for the FM2+, but a basic firmware revision wasnt?! it is not clear in the packaging that i need to go and buy another processor for the privilege of using their hardware, so this POS is going straight back to Amazon.

if you already have a fm2 chip gathering dust, go for it - you might have a good experience with this. But I have no faith in a company that has such little regard for getting the little things right.
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 29 June 2015
I purchased this motherboard for my ITX budget build and so far haven't been let down my its amazing performance here are my specs:
* Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI
* AMD athlon x4 760k overclocked to 4.4ghz!
* 8GB hyper X fury ram
* Cooler master sedion 120v watercooler
* Sapphire R7 260x (bottle necking my system)
* EVGA 500w PSU
* Coolermaster haf stacker 915R

The motherboard has good solid caps and a wide range of features youd expect from a motherboard twice its price! I dont really use the wireless or bluetooth as I use a powerline kit which is really a must have for entertainment or gaming. If you are looking for a really good motherboard for gaming etc then this if for you!
2 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 August 2014
You're rather limited when it comes to ITX motherboards and even more so, it seems, when you want to build an HTPC around AMD's combination of CPU and GPU in one APU.

It's a tiny little board but it comes with all the information you'll need to get up and running and I had ZERO problems with my new build which has happily been running a Windows 8 build of XBMC and some light gaming.

The WiFi has been excellent.

Good product overall, would recommend. I put it into a Coolermaster Elite 130 case, as I plan to add a proper GPU down the line (probably a 750GTX TI when the price falls) and wanted something which would take a full size PSU.
One person found this helpful
on 17 February 2014
"This is TINY!" is what my first reaction to this board, as this was my first Mini-ITX case.
For ~£70+ (At time of writing), this is no cheap board! However it has proper audio output (all the slots are there! Great if you have a Speaker system with AC-3 and AUX as the it can be used on your phone etc.) and it has the newer A88X Chipset and FM2+ CPU socket which was designed for Kaveri processors. It also has 2 USB 3.0 ports on the rear I/O and has a USB 3.0 header on board! This makes it much more future proof! It comes with an Intel WiFi card and an awesome magnetic aerial. The WiFi card also has Bluetooth. A massive RAM limit makes this great for a Gaming HTPC! (Which is what I use it for). It also sports Gigabyte's Ultra Durable branding which allows peace of mind for you as you know all the parts are well built and of high quality.

All in all, Highly recommended!
5 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 November 2016
Received the rev 3.0 version of the motherboard, it had bios version F6 out of the box so the 7670k I installed worked straight away, no bios problems or updates required!
Decent design board, the stock Amd cooler didn't interfere with tall ram modules. Handles overclocking well and faster ram speeds.
on 31 December 2016
Worked well for six months but then one ram slot stopped working
on 18 September 2014
Purchased this after having an Asrock motherboard that just had weird issues. Works well as an HTPC running XBMC. Fit and forget.
One person found this helpful
on 11 September 2016
I do IT i like building systems ...
on 11 February 2016
Good but a bit awkward to install, depends on the case used.
on 9 June 2016
Well laid out. Integrated Wi-Fi is the best of any device I have.