on 22 July 2017
If you are in to portraits or landscape photography this is still an excellent choice. I've not had it long but the images are on a par with my Canon 6d. If you are in to sports or action photography look elsewhere as the auto focus isn't fast enough for that
review image
7 people found this helpful
on 6 December 2017
Delighted. Amazing performance. Easy to use. A 'Black Friday' bargain for a full-frame camera.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 November 2017
What an easy camera to use. Such a beauty. And what a Black Friday deal. £719 and another £100 in cashback coming - so full frame for an astonishing £619 all in - with 28-70 lens. Love it.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2018
The camera is great. Does a fantastic job all round. Unfortunately it was incompatible with the lenses I had. Other than that its really good
on 24 December 2015
An extraordinary piece of kit that leaves me in wonder whenever I use it.
One person found this helpful
on 17 July 2015
The best camera I have ever used
on 15 September 2016
Amazing cam, though as the 1st in the A7 series has its imperfections. There's no better full-frame for the price - a fact !
5 people found this helpful
on 1 December 2017
yeah it's getting a bit long in the tooth now compared to the rest of the A7 line up, but still a superb camera... I moved over to Sony about 6-7 years ago as I was off for a trek in the Himalayas and needed something small, compact & light, so grabbed a NEX-5R, loved it. then moved up to a A6000, but upgraded to a A6300 once that came out. Always had my eye on a FF, so grabbed this on Black Friday for £720 with SEL-2870 lens (plus I got £100 cash back from Sony), the lens alone costs £400!?!? So now I have the A6300 for video mostly and A7 in my bag with a wide lens on for stills. Great camera!
One person found this helpful
on 11 February 2018
This is currently superb value for money. Not the best auto focus system out there. Really struggles in low light even with the latest firmware but it does the job eventually.
You want to pair this camera with a decent lens. The 28-70mm provided in the standard kit will not bring out the best in this item
on 12 March 2016
super full frame camera. Just what you need to rediscover SLR photography if you used to have film, on a reasonable budget