Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 June 2014
I always thought Mika was the bright new pop hope and this collection of his hit songs full of originality and flare proves the point with, as others have mentioned, some revision of his previous material. I'm not actually sure how many tracks have been altered, a lot of them I suspect without doing a comparison, but thankfully the quality and integrity of the original tracks is maintained. Stardust is an outstanding example. It sounds perfect as a duet (with Chiara) and one wonders why it wasn't originally recorded like that. Glad to see Relax is here, that song has one of my favourite musical hooks ("it's as if I'm scared, it's as if I'm terrified" - - - killer musical hook). Underwater is lyrically clever and will grow on you the more you play it. Happy Ending, with its overlapping chanting remains endearing and earwormish. Origin of Love appears here too though I miss his best track from the Origin of Love - 3 Steps. But the thing I love about Mika are the vocals are so upfront, not drowned out by the musical backing. Plenty of other treats here - his big hits Grace Kelly, Love Today, We Are Golden,Rain, well the list goes on. Keep going Mika - (the title Song Book 1 sounds hopeful) because you remain a pop genius.
on 10 March 2014
With a few songs not on his other CD's, a couple of new versions of songs, and a lot of greatness. Why this guy is not a super star in the US baffles me. He is right up there with the great pop artists of all time.
on 15 November 2016
A key piece to every fangirl's collection. This is a must have for all fans. Packaged well, and delivered promptly-came a day early!!!!!!!! To be played on all devices, let's hope that Mika keeps comming P with more AWESOME albums like this!!!!!!!!
on 3 January 2014
If you have ever liked Mika or are a fan then this is a must for you. I had to get this on import before christmas as it had only been released in Italy to date, where it has been in the top 5 for weeks now. Mika has been doing x factor Italy this year as a judge so it's only normal that he cash in on the exposure. Love this album, from the opening relax, to happy ending and everything in between from his three excellent albums. I just hope it gets released in the UK and elsewhere as it will do very well. The less well known track, kick ass which I've always thought to be one of his best , is also included here. Do yourself a favour and get a copy. You'll play it again and again.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2014
Yes,its true I love Mika,this album has more hooks than a coat stand.

While this is basically a singles collection,it does contain new stuff and rare single edits etc.

Origin of Love was an amazing song to begin with,though I love what he has done to this version,it lifts to another level.

A new song "Live Your Life" is number one in an alternative universe in which people have taste.As bizzare as it sounds it would have made a perfect eurovision entry,I have yet to decide if this will be played at my funeral.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 November 2013
An album full of Mika's greatest hits. Its a must have for old and new fans, it also includes new versions of a couple of songs :)
Buy it now and enjoy!
on 28 December 2015
Fabulous singer and love the reworking of his most popular songs. Bought it for my daughter who's six but my boy eleven and us old fogeys love it too.
on 27 January 2014
It is wonderful that somebody can do as good music as ABBA was! This is joyful, beautiful music with full of energy!
on 13 May 2015
Great re-working of some of his hit songs - what a talented young man this artist is.
on 8 January 2016
good compilation from his first three albums, worth a punt