Top positive review
168 people found this helpful
You'd be silly not to purchase this
on 28 May 2011
Having already become accustomed to affixing screen protectors to my smart phone I knew that doing likewise to the IPad2 was going to be even more taxing. Now as you may have gathered from others on here (and elsewhere) you either get it right or you don't. Getting it right really does showcase (and protect) your IPad, getting it wrong and it looks like a dogs dinner.
Well my order was swift and arrived within days, it also arrived packed in a stout (Amazon) Cardboard outer. Inside was 6 sheets each including a wee yellow duster, (With which you are supposed to clean your screen beforehand)
Now the reason I ordered a 6 pack is I knew I would make mistakes and it took me 3 attempts in which to get it right. (Still left me with 3)
So what can I say In which to help you get it right:
1) Ensure you work in a clean and dust free area. (Paramount)
2) Take no notice of the instructions given and do not use the duster provided to clean the screen (it leaves lint behind). Instead I used one of those little lens cleaning wet wipe sachets to wipe the screen down and then allowed the screen to dry.
3) Ensure you punch out the 2 holes (camera and start button) before you apply the screen.
4) Make sure you line up the protector correctly.I recommend placing the protector dry (with covers still fixed) on the I-Pad in which to be able to gauge how to do it for real.
5) Peel off bottom layer and affix to screen. (Don't worry too much about any bubbles yet)
6) With the top layer still on. Get a credit card, cover it with the yellow duster and use it as a squeegee in which to push any air bubbles to the sides.(It works)
7) Remove top layer.
Hopefully, in following the above instructions , you won't fill your bin with 3 screen protectors like I did. But hey practice makes perfect.