on 24 March 2014
This is advertised as a Miracast device; it's not, totally incompatible, you have to install EZ-Cast software to use it. It's also supposed to be comparable with a Chromecast, but when you communicate with this device it takes over your entire wifi connection, so it's not actually possible to stream anything from the net through this dongle. All you can do is display locally stored material, unless you're using a full-size computer and have it wired up to an ethernet cable. The instructions are worthless. The YouTube video showing how to use it doesn't have any sound. Don't buy.
on 31 March 2014
I got one of these for my Birthday at my own request. At the time there were only 5 reviews on Amazon and 4 were positive. Unfortunately my experience mirrors the later reviews on here. Although technically it works - in the same way that technically a Trabant works (that famous former East German car with a body made from cardboard) - its not something you would actually want to buy. My experience was more than painful. Video was very poor quality when it did work it often broke up, was laggy and took ages to buffer. Sometimes the device didn't work at all. Miracast was unworkable and even casting photos onto the big screen seemed to cause it to delay so badly that what was on the screen of the device was rarely on the TV screen at the same time. I tried it on an XPeria Z1, a Nexus 7 and a WIndows 7 machine and all behaved similarly so I don't believe it was my device. When I complained I was asked to update and faff around further. I had already updated the firmware anyway when I realised the device was rubbish in the vain hope this would cure it but it didn't. My advice is buy a HDMI MHL usb adapter and don't waste your time.
on 18 March 2014
The picture from this device is dark and blurred (it's not faulty) - there is significant lag too, making games unplayable. Also not mentioned in the description, this device is an "insecure display" according to Google, so you cannot play any premium content from Google Play (Movies, TV Shows etc). I was unable to test Netflix as I do not use it.

On my Nexus 5, it was stupidly over complicated to set up, and even when finally set up, the process of mirroring the screen is a joke (the Nexus 5 will not see this as a wireless display without the EZCast app running for a start). The EZCast app is nice looking but most of it doesn't work or functions poorly (on the Nexus 5 at least, but reviews on Google Play suggest most devices have issues) - the camera option gives the error "access denied" for example.

I tried DNLA, and videos buffer constantly (both from my Nexus 5 and other sources).

Basically, none of these type of devices are much good - even premium ones from the likes of HTC. They are just no good, and Chromecast is no better in terms of functionality.

My advice is get a wired HDMI adapter for your mobile devices or a proper wireless HDMI sender, as there is not a single wireless solution that works properly at this time (if I ever find one, I'll post an update).

Sent back for a refund.
on 27 March 2015
My setup: Windows 7, Netgear80 Router, Toshiba Regza TV, EZCast model A2W programme number 1.3.0.6.

I bought the EZC to cast streamed TV programes from my laptop to my TV. Offering a simpler method than the 12 foot wire I am currently using.

However, it is not designed to do this. It is designed to cast items already within your computer onto a TV.

There is a list of programmes it will stream off the net and cast, these programmes are pre loaded. They do not include iplayer or other TV programmes. (My hdmi cable does these perfectly.

It will cast programmes onto a TV, using mirror but with with distorted sound track.The picture is perfect.

Downloading the programme from EZC is easy enough, there are two to choose from, the early one merely streams items from within your computer.

The one lablled 1.3.0.6 allows connection with the internet. It downloads EZC selected programmes as well.

You need to check that your router will work with the EZC, (Netgear have a web site for this)

Connecting the HMDI sender to the TV is straightforward as is pluging in the supplied USB power line.If you don't have a spare USB socket you have to find a 5v 500mamp charger with micro usb socket.

The EZC automatically loads itself and connects to your router, when you switch the TV on, it automatically shows its opening page. If the TV is off - it doesn't work.

Clicking on the EZC icon, opens a blue rectangle - which does nothing, seemingly, the TV will show its opening screen with the SSID and password at the top of the screen

A Z appears in the middle of the blue rectangle, with radiating circles - indicating it is searching for the sender and router.(Finding the signal can take some time)

Eventually, The EZC name appears top centre of the computer screen blue box, a box will open above the Z, showing the SSID number and two more smaller boxes middle right. Click on the small circle, the SSID box goes black.

Double click on now black SSID box - At this point a password request appears, enter passwword from top of TV screen. Click OK and the EZC happy casting screen appears.

Click update.
on 5 May 2014
Pain in the backside to set up, unreliable, slow, constantly cutting off when watching stuff. Just an all round bad experience. I'm glad I eventually was able to get a Chromecast in stead
on 13 November 2014
I bought last week to use with my ipad (ipad 4th generation with IOS 8.1) but the mirroring option doesn't work. It's true you can mirror photos, videos (very slow buffering) and music but you cannot mirror the entire screen like this youtube video shows ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQYPI0rbvWs ). I don't know if this video is a fake but for sure this doesn't work with this Measy A2W. Not recommended at all.
on 17 February 2014
BOUGHT TO USE WITH MY KINDLE FIRE HDX BUT IT WAS NOT COMPATIBLE. HAVE GIVEN IT TO MY DAUGHTER TO HOPEFULLY USE WITH HER IPAD.
on 10 January 2015
I have just bought two of these devices and now wish that I had read the reviews first.
However suprisingly I have not seen the problem that I personally encountered mentioned anywhere which was that on trying to fit on three different TVs on each the side mounted power inlet on the dongle (not shown on the photo) fouls other plug ins and I have had to order HDMI extender cables to overcome this, Not a good start to say the least.
on 31 October 2014
I have a Nexus5 which does support Screen Cast. I can get a Wifi connection to the Dongle and from the TV to the internet, but I cant cast anything from the phone to the TV. Downloaded EZCast and that works with Nexus5 and Samsung tab 7.7, for a while until the Dongle locks up while casting videos. Unlocking requires the power to be removed from the Dongle.
on 11 April 2014
Very poor indeed. I decided to give up and bought a Chromecast unit and boy, what a difference. Forget this unit and pay the extra for the Chromecast, which also includes an external power supply thrown in.