on 17 December 2013
BWC SmartBook 10, 10.1 Inch Netbook with Android 4.1 (Jellybean)

I received the BWC Smartbook today as promised great, because it is the perfect Christmas present for my grandson. To make sure everything was ok on the day he opened his present, I decided to charge it up and run it through it's paces. This was 20 min ago and I am absolutely livid. Firstly there is no manual for it, there is a small pamphlet that is for a tablet not for the Netbook. Secondly the cursor is flying all over the screen and won't keep still so it's unusable. I finally managed to switch the Netbook off then back on and the cursor has finally stopped. Now the Netbook keeps switching itself off and on so it is impossible to do anything with it except send it back and ask for my money back. There is a label on the back which says (QC passed) the quality control person must have been at lunch when that label was stuck on. So no star rating for this product at all.
on 1 November 2013
I ordered this because of the price expecting it to be a cheap alternative to laptop for my 7 year old niece. I received it and I have to say I am very impressed. Both the function and build quality. I can't believe you can get something this good for less than £80. I'm keeping it and I'm a very happy bunny! (Will have order another for my niece!)
on 5 December 2013
Purchased two of these BWC smartbook 10's for my two daughters for xmas, been playing on them both for a while and so far so good, very good value for money, look nice and easy to use! Net connected first time no problems, very handy apps already installed. Only downfall and why I have knocked off a star is the mouse is a little slow, but going to purchase a separate mouse and mat for them to use anyway, apart from that am pretty impressed. Delivered when supposed too, good service x
on 10 April 2014
Worst purchase I have ever made on this website! Can't believers there sloped to sell this junk! It worked for a few hours then that was it! Half the time, It wouldn't even boot up! Then the odd occasion it did, it wouldn't connect to the internet! Shocking!!would NOT recommend! Once I got my money, I used it and bought a recondishioned Hp laptop!! 1000% better and not a lot more! Wish I did that in the first place!!
on 16 January 2014
the unit needs to be H.D. the screen is too dull the camera is not very good and is virtually useless
on 7 November 2013
I received this product yesterday managed to get about 2 hours of playing with it. firstly it would not connect to the internet unless you were standing next to the router. secondly after 2 hours it just stopped turning itself on.

i will be returning it immediately
on 2 January 2014
Unit arrived in time but that's thanks to the courier.
It feels cheap for a start and soon turns out to be far too delicate. The keyboard has a spring to it, I doubt it will last too long. USB ports are a very tight fit so, not wanting to force anything I didn't get to try them out. The mouse pad feels rough causing fingers to "judder" very slightly but more than enough for the mouse pointer to go off on it's own journey. One just get's the feeling that it will all fall apart before long.
It is supposed to have an RRP of 199GBP. Not in a million years! Nobody has THAT much front!
If it were on sale for a Fiver it would be worth buying as a Frisbee.
77 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2013
This is a cool bit of kit for about an hour then it crashed and would not work. i contacted amazon to return it and am waiting for them to pict it up and return my money. Its a shame they can't return your money with the same speed they take it.
This was going to be a xmas gift for my son but its lucky i tested it cos if i would have wrapped it and had it break on christmas morning then i would have been stuck with it cos the guide lines state that it can only be returned within 1 month of buying it, hmmm feels like a con to me.
on 5 January 2015
I ordered this it never worked properly and in March I returned item to Mobicity for repair or replacement. The Notebook I got back worked well and I was pleased with it Until... December when my screen shows me a jellybean logo on its back dead! My jellybean has died and cannot be resuscitated! Please advise
on 8 April 2015
Its basically a tablet with no touchscreen and a keyboard not a proper netbook can't play PC games bit slow but alright as a present for a younger person not someone who would be using it for collage or work