on 29 October 2013
I have collected the whole series of "British Hit Parade" box-sets from the very start. And I love them. I find the idea of now collecting the B-sides great. I have always been a "B-side-man". But I feel I have to warn collectors about these three 1960-sets. I have only listened to Part 1 & 2. And they're both unplayable. The music skips and jumps about, back and forth, seasickly. Like they're dirty or scratched, when they're not. I won't even open the third box. And I don't think I'll dare buy anything from Acrobat again. The one star is for providing me with good listenable and playable music through the years.
on 29 October 2013
The contents of the 4 CDs are the mixed bag of good and poor as is to be expected from the B side of singles but it gives a chance to hear tracks that are not re-issued elsewhere.

I had a problem with a fault on disc 2, it stopped playing at track 22. When this has happened before I have been able to rip the disc and burn a new one. This disc failed at the same point during the ripping so I decided to download the MP3 of the missing tracks. The problem was that when I went to download only discs 3 and 4 where associated to my purchase. This is because Amazon have split each 4CD set in the series into two MP3 issues and the cloud system can only associate one MP3 issue to a CD set. Amazon overcame the problem by issue me with a credit so that I could download the individual tracks that I could not copy.
on 25 February 2014
I have just reviewed the 1959 volumes and find it difficult to say anything new. They are all fabulous and bring back so many memories
on 28 May 2015
I have all of these releases in my collection and think they are fantastic yes some of the B sides are only average.
on 22 September 2014
I love the British hit parade collection, I was well pleased with the music. Excellent buy.
on 3 August 2015
Incredible memories of the year I first started seriously collecting music. Great product