on 1 January 2014
I don't really know where to start with this book. It was written badly - proofread and edited badly. The story itself was like a very bad haunted house story and totally unbelievable. The author spent most of the time filling the pages with her to-ing and fro-ing from work to school and back again. Factual inaccuracies (for example the instantaneous appearance of a black (ie. aged) bruise) just compounded my feeling that I was reading something written by someone just trying to make some money from a short ghost story, claiming it was real to try to snare readers that seek the truth about the paranormal. Don't waste your money, however little, on this atrocious work of fiction.
4 people found this helpful
on 12 February 2014
this book could not hold my attention,it was tedious.there was more about her daily life which in itself was boring.not very much about a haunted apartment at all. although she said she was frightened she hardly made any attempt to investigate what was happening.even though she worked as a cleaner for a religous organisation she did not seek the help which was at hand. there was no conclusion at all.i found it frustrating,there are far better books out there than this a waste of time.
on 2 January 2014
As a bit of a paranormal fan, this story didn't disappoint me. The only down side was a few 'questions' left unanswered.. Was there ever any reason as to why people moved in and out at the same time? Did the author ever discover if there was any history behind the hauntings? A bit moreresearch would have made me love the book - but still enjoyable and creeped me out a bit in parts.
on 3 December 2014
A bit short. I couldn't help wondering if this really is a true story. I kept thinking this girl is way too brave! How many young females would go investigate footsteps in a known to be empty apartment and live in an empty department block alone. She never seemed to put any lights on either!! Lacked any real substance for me. Interesting story, just not truly believable if i am honest.
on 20 November 2013
I purchased a kindle version as I like ghost stories and this was cheap. Some may find this story a bit tame, but having had some personal experience of a haunting, many of the minor incidents described sent real shivers down my spine as they were so similar to the events which happened to me. If you would like to read a "true" story this book is worth a read.
on 24 January 2014
I have read almost every non-fiction book on the paranormal out there, and think this is a good, honest account of the happenings that this young woman had to deal with in her life at the time. The story flows well and is very believable, although it could have been better edited. But don't let that put you off, it's a good ghost story that is definitely worth a read.
on 31 August 2014
As far as scary stories go this isn't really one of them. I'm not doubting it's authenticity, if this is a work of fiction the author probably would have made it much more thrilling, it's just nothing new. As an avid reader of true ghost and haunting experiences the odd footsteps in the empty room above and cats freaking out over nothing just aren't that interesting. The haunting probably gives the writer a good dinner story but I don't think it's book worthy, go and buy Paranormal Intruder instead.
on 23 January 2014
Although lacking the fast pulse fear I have gotten from reading other titles of the same genre, I did like it. I thought the events were believable and not at all preposterous as the author feared in her opening and closing statements. I felt especially concerned for the author as she was dealing with all the phenomenon on her own, which must have been terrifying for her.
Would recommend as a read for anyone else interested by the subject matter!
on 3 January 2014
This is the first time I've read a book of this particular genre and I 'm not sure what I was expecting but I found this book some what boring!
2 people found this helpful
on 20 October 2014
I'm sorry but this book was so unbelievable.
In my opinion it was the way it was written.
I,'ve read ghost books in which the same sort of
things have happened but they've kept me awake at night.
I actually found this book quite funny in places.
Although the experiences must have been quite terrifying, this book, written better
would have been a good book.