on 18 April 2014
Was so fascinated with this book couldn't put it down fantastic writer keep It up Carney ware for any more.
on 20 June 2014
I was so glad to find this book and give it a go. The story is about fairy tales in a modern day setting. I love how the author has taken the concept of the main charactors "gift" and twisted it to show how this could become a living nightmare in todays world. Not how I rememeber the stories as a child Lol! It was great to read something not about vampires and werewolves for a change also, but dragons and fairytale curses! The biggest plus for me was the fact there was no completely over done "love triangle" present in this book! Something that seems to be the template for any new books thanks to Sookie, Elena and Bella! If you like the t.v. series Storybrooke this will be your cup of tea, with some laugh out loud moments from the witty dialogue of the main charactor. Can't wait to see where the author goes next with this story!
on 9 July 2014
Quite enjoyed this one, a funny and often ironic view on the fairy tales and stereotypes kept me interested throughout, with good ratio of fantasy, action and romance thrown into the mix. Good read to get your mind off things and you might want to finish it in one go...
on 11 June 2014
I find fairy tales are a way to teach children how to behave in a certain socially acceptable way, so when I find dark twists on fairy tales I am all over them! This is different to other dark tales and I loved it!

Alex does not consider herself a damsel in distress and has a healthy disdain for them. A fiesty young women that longs for "normal", but finds a dragon instead.

Sam is the man sent to help cure Alex's curse. Turns out he's a dragon and has something Alex needs to break her curse as well find some other items to complete it.

The road is never as simple as it seems and Alex needs to learn to trust herself as well as others.
on 2 September 2015
I'd have given this preferably 3.5 stars. Whilst the plot was different and unusual, I found this story to be odd, full of typos and just a little on the frightening side. The premise was sound, the story flowed but it left me feeling very uncomfortable. What little bit of romance there was, was quick but well written into the plot line. I'm not entirely convinced that I want to carry on with the series and I finished this one through determination. I'd also like to state that at times this story was a little too confusing and at times made my head hurt.
on 11 June 2014
I started this book looking for something easy to read while recovering from a cold and it lived up to expectations. I enjoyed the quirky story and will most likely read the next in the series BUT be warned, it is a short story.

I deducted a star as I felt that the 'sex' scene was a bit slap dash, perhaps added on because the author felt it should be there? I did think that the story could have stood without it as it seemed to be over in a matter of a paragragh!
on 20 June 2014
This is a really fast-paced book and I did find myself getting lost in places and having to go back and re-read passages to be sure what I thought had happened was actually right. There are lots of characters to keep up with but all in all I really liked the fresh take on the fairy tale & may be tempted to buy the next one to see what happens next. Worth a read for some mad, crazy, fun.
on 25 June 2014
As a child I loved to read fairy tales, especially the deliciously dark ones. This book is a treasure for all who love a grown up fairy tale. It's humorous and sly narrative is hugely satisfying. I loved the twists and turns in the plot and can't wait to read the next in the series. Despite being part of a series this works well as a Stand alone story. Well worth a read.
on 19 June 2014
I found this book frustrating. There was too much slang that I didn't understand and described environment but not so much about the characters. I found that the parts which were supposed to be exciting were too rushed. Needless to say, I won't be getting the others in the series. Only finished this it out of dogged determination and not leaving things unfinished.
on 7 October 2014
Wow I started off quite sceptical reading this thinking as a fair take take I would not like it or get it but its fantastic. I loved the twists and turns and omg the scene where she gets dragon king was so erotic even though I have read other more detailed books this definatly with its less is more worked great. Interesting characters and alliances/history