on 4 January 2014
I have read books like this before. It was a very simple book to read and I was chuckling away. It was very fast paced. I felt it was the perfect length, it did not go on and on like some of these kind of books do. Would I recommend it? Yes, but only to the more open minded of my friends as in places it is quite explicit.
on 30 December 2013
very enjoyable small stories
I read the whole bok in under two hours
laughing and then telling others some of the stories that will make you cringe
on 10 April 2017
Another laugh-out-loud collection, (with the occasional grimace), of just how stupid people can be when it comes to reasons for visiting A&E, quite apart from the sexual ones which, I suspect, could make another two volumes, assuming the author would be allowed to print them. One thing to be learned here is; if you have an accident, beware the trained first-aider!
on 27 January 2014
If you enjoy laughing at other people's misfortune - or in most of these cases, stupidity - then this is a nice little pot-boiler to while away a bus journey.

It won't last longer than a couple of trips though as it isn't the longest book in the world but, amid the eye-watering tales of the various objects that have been found in the 'downstairs' parts of the human body when they have no right to be there you will almost certainly find a few that will make you laugh out loud and draw questioning looks from your fellow passengers. Maybe best not to tell them what had tickled your fancy though - just in case they're on their own way to A&E...
on 8 June 2014
As other have said in their reviews, there may be one or two very funny tales and a couple of amusing ones, but the rest are almost the same. I've heard of them before, reading them in other places several years ago, so to repeat the same stories to put in a new book is pretty lame.
And the story about the toilet exploding just isn't true and has appeared as early as 1943 in other media.
All in all a disappointing book. Too few pages, and not enough funnies. Glad I only paid £1.19 for it. Any more, and I'd want a refund
on 10 December 2016
I was a little apprehensive about buying a 2nd hand book as it is a stocking filler Christmas present for my son (medical student), however it arrived in pretty perfect condition and I was very pleased with it. Had a quick look through and the content seems to be exactly as described.
on 31 March 2014
This book is a collection of stories 'supposedly' from different health professionals around the UK. I say supposedly because it is a very short book for such a collection and the writing style is the same in every story - presumably because each story has been rewritten by the author. Some bits are laugh out loud funny, but I was left feeling sceptical about it's authenticity - some of the language seemed very unlikely to me.
on 31 December 2013
FANTASTIC!!! Brilliant read. Shame it's not on constant live update never wanted it to end. Definitely worth reading! ! !
on 15 August 2017
Very funny and I literally laughed out loud on many occasion. Lots of ways that the human race can get themselves into trouble. We are nothing if not inventive.
on 24 June 2014
In the words of Victor Meldrew " I don,t believe it" but these are all true stories that those in the NHS have come across. These will make you laugh and be gobsmacked at the things people have, had removed from there person, and the stupid things they have done to themselves without thinking of the consequence. They are just one page tales so it is a quick read but very funny.