on 17 October 2017
The bulbs do provide more light than the standard ones in the car (Peugeot 308) however they burn out very quickly. These were fitted in April 2016 and have blown in Oct. 2017. Other reviews have indicated that the extra brightness somehow makes this dreadful lifespan worth it but I disagree. Unless you carry spare bulbs with you and can change the bulb (these are fitted to my wife's car and she is not able to change them) you will spend some time driving with only one headlight.
Before disposable products became the norm these bulbs would not have been acceptable, the only people benefiting from these units is Osram since they are able to shift sub standard products onto customers who are looking to improve their viability at night. The factory fitted bulbs that these replaced have gone back into the car and work fine, they are currently 7 years old.
I will stick with regular bulbs from now on, you are free to make up your own mind.
5 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 1 February 2018
Short review - excellent quality and easy install without touching the glass element. Nice crisp whiter light that look better though my St220 halogen headlamps cases but still giving a slightly yellower glow than my dipped beam bluey HID's glow. Gave me extra distance and slightly wider spread too. Nothing to write home about but noticeable for sure. Wouldn't go back to standard bulbs. Have lasted me at least a year so far and no sign of glow fade yet but then you don't drive with high beams on all the time!
on 22 October 2017
I got fed up paying £2 or £3 each, for rubbish bulbs from my local Auto Parts store, which would only last a month or two. These cost only slightly more (£8 for a pair, at time of purchase) and have lasted 8 months, thus far. Light is clear, bright and at least as powerful as the original equipment bulbs that I had before and markedly superior to the cheap ones from the local store. Highly recommended.
on 24 August 2017
If you do a lot of night driving then these lamps are an essential upgrade for your vehicle's headlights. I've been using these on my van for a couple of years now! I drive to and from gigs most weekends where it's not unusual to be driving on dark unlit country roads in the early hours. These really do put more light on the road!

But... Please be aware that these do not last as long as standard brightness lamps. The filaments burn a lot hotter than usual hence the whiter and brighter light, much like that of a traditional halogen projector lamp. But I'm sure you will agree the extra brightness is worth the small sacrifice in more frequent replacements. Yes, I am a nerd! The difference is well worth it!

For best results, always replace in pairs after the first lamp fails (usually the near side on my van, the access behind the headlight isn't great for the fat sausage fingers of a forty something wedding DJ!) as after the first fails, the other won't be far behind! Fit these and brighten up your night drives!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 June 2018
I've been buying cheapo headlights from a certain auction site but the last ones were very dim. Buy cheap, buy twice, so not really an economy. This product was actually very good quality and very good light output, making driving easier and safer. I would buy these again. I don't think it needs the expensive fancy plastic box - simple card boxes would have done.
on 8 August 2017
Fitted in ford focus. Major improvement over stock OE bulbs. Much better more visible light pattern at night. I used to have to get out of car to double check lights were actually working.... Visible difference even if they don't live up to the marketing hype.would buy again.
on 27 January 2016
Brightest head light I've ever had. Used these in my BMW and now in my Renault Scenic. Just be aware that on coming traffic likes to flash you as they think you have full beam on but you don't, you just have very high quality bright lights. Recommend for anyone that drives at night.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 26 November 2017
They are good (nothing amazing) but just not as great as the reviews make it out to be.
Will see how long they last. Had some xtreme 130 before and they only lasted about 5 months
on 22 November 2017
Already replaced all four headlight bulbs with cheaper ones a few weeks ago and one has blown. False economy. Decided to pay more and get these. Dont know how long they will last but we"ll see.(excuse the pun). Do seem much brighter that standard bulbs.
on 13 March 2018
I found these through a car owners club, a lot of good genuine reviews so thought I'd give them a try. Really impressed with the quality of light that's given out, slightly cooler than normal but not the weird blue that might look great but you can't see a thing. I've tried these in a couple of cars now and each time it's made an improvement over standard bulbs, would and have recommended these to friends and family.