on 10 December 2013
Have read quite a few reviews prior to buy this grip. I'm afraid some of the reviews were over generous regarding the build quality, (which is what you would expect for £19) as having owned an original canon grip the difference in quality were very clear to me (rubber grip different, slight mismatch in casings and plastic slightly lower in quality).

However it works and I think it may be slightly lighter, which is a bonus and for £19 its a no brainer. Not sure if the tolerances were slightly out on mine but it needed careful alignment and slightly more force than the original canon grip for it to mate with the camera, so take care when you fit to your camera.
on 27 March 2014
This item is cheaply made, which would be expected from the price. The item does not fit a canon EOS 700D as is advertised.

Amazon refunded the product for me. I am in the process of sending the item back.
on 18 November 2015
Wanted one of these for a long time and couldn't justify the Canon price so purchased this one and never looked back. Its almost identical to the original, and build quality for the price is not bad at all.

Would recommend.
on 21 November 2013
Does the job great the second set of buttons work great on my 600D very good lock to camera. Super good grip very similar to the one on the camera, it a must have for your camera.
on 6 May 2014
I own the Canon grip (BGE8) on a 550D and this one with the 600D...the feel, look and technical quality is almost identical, had to look twice as to which was the £120 Canon original...used it, liked it, will recommend to anyone as a very good alternative...why spend more than you have to ? Very, very pleased with the NEEWER product
on 31 July 2015
Just completed a tour of Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, Albania & Macedonia. Managed over 800 photos without changing batteries. Camera obviously heavier, but not a great problem. Well built item and no problems. Extra buttons and switches all working well after 9 months use. Always on my 700D these days. Fantastic for the price. Thoroughly recommended.
on 16 January 2015
The plate to which the grip attaches to the camera is held in with 7 pathetic little screws which do not go very far into the frame underneath. As a result the whole plate came up and the contacts no longer make contact with the contacts in the camera unless you press them together.

Now this would have been understandable if it happened after a year.. but this was after 15 mins of use.

Photo attached
review image review image
on 1 May 2014
After spending some time looking at various versions of these grips including the genuine Canon one I decided to go for this one.

It has turned out to be an excellent choice.

The quality is very good and fits my 550D perfectly and the portrait controls are a big plus.

Highly recommended.
on 30 January 2014
I was surprised by how good this was for the price.
Excellent value, and first class service.
I would highly recommend this.
on 6 November 2014
This was my first time using a battery grip, and it's been an absolute dream. It suits my camera (Canon 700D) beautifully, fits like a glove and makes seen a little more professional too. I've not really used the buttons but they work flawlessly, just a little out of reach for my personal taste when you have the originals surrounding the HUD. Nonetheless, a beautifully designed product and I couldn't have hoped for more.